Hello everyone

• 25 replies
  • 70 subscribers

After one year lurking in the background I finally wanted to say hello and thank you to all on here! I was diagnosed in July last year with advanced ovarian cancer I am treatable but not curable. After a mind blowing year of tough treatment and still on maintenance treatment I wanted to say how I have found you guys an amazing guide to hope/help/laughter and how living with cancer is not an end to life but a beginning of a new time in my life. You don’t know me but I really feel like I know all of you by reading the posts daily ,reading of how to be practical, how to be angry, how to laugh and not to be ashamed to cry or be afraid. You think your just posting “stuff” or replying to people but your more than that! Those of us unable to immediately join through fear or not accepting things or shyness are here watching and reading and guys it’s amazing thank you x x 

• Are thats really nice, to hear, we are all in this special club together, not one we wanted to join, has a lot of members, one big family.

Glad you have posted, and others will come along, i am just having  a coffee, before i tackle a window,

WE do like a laugh, to be honest i do try to carry on as i always have, though do get down days.

We are only human after all.

Though the good still out way the bad, and i will settle for that.

Yes cant do what i used to, though just doing a little, gives e satisfaction. as tomorrow i will do a little more.

Please fill free to ask any thing, and if we can answer you, we will.

Yes we moan , rant, cry, and laugh all part of this journey

Please to met you

• Thank you ellie73 just knowing others are out there gives great comfort! I find not being able to do what I used to extremely frustrating but little by little is the way! I really miss my old life but I’m learning to accept this different one. I can really feel the bond you guys have just by reading posts and yep I really really don’t want to be in this club but hey ho I’m here x 

• Hi Nickkie, Wave  it does take a while to start excepting our prognosis, but glad you've had a good look around our site and are ready to post.  It does help to off load any worries  or prolem to people who understand and there is always somebody who has or is going through the se as uou. It nice to know our ramblings are heĺping another member.  I come into shop to cover lunches,  should have stayed home, no customers yet, so had a peek in here. Spoke to soon 3 old girl just come in, have to keep an eye on them lol. Keep posting, and will chat soon .

XX

MOI

• You have made the effort now and are here.

If you just want to  talk about,  every days things as such, go on the lovely morning chit chat, we talk rubbish at times,  like me washing floors today and   and  Cady mum, making soup, that is normal every day life, and we all have it, thank goodness.

At least you know, some one always here, and as i say, i can tell my grown up children, how i fill, though  i do not think they really understand, though some one here does, thats the difference..

• Hello Hnickkie

Welcome! Thanks for posting and introducing yourself. Join in the banter whenever you feel like it....the more the merrier.

This forum has been a 'godsend' for me, and many others. Hope you find it helpful too.

Yes, it does feel that there is a 'bond' between us. Some people have been in this particular forum for a very long time....which is encouraging for everyone else on this rollercoaster ride!

best wishes

Kate

• Are you saying i am old then lol

• I think you deserve a long service medal and a gold watch Ellie!

You're not old..... yet. Keep trying!!!

• Do like it when some one crawls a little, Innocenti am old, and fill it, only the body, mind is still young lol

• Hello moi2

Thank you for your kind words, it really does help seeing how others navigate there way around the diagnosis of incurable cancer and it really does help knowing your not alone x 

• Hi Candysmum

Yes ! That’s the word a “godsend” I found reading the practical posts the caring posts and just good ole fashion chit chat really helped me x thank you for your reply x