Long time reading and my first post

• 33 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hello

I’ve finally plucked up the courage to post. I have found it really helpful reading posts in this forum. They have got me through some really dark times. it is so hard, both emotionally and physically, having incurable cancer. This forum has been a godsend to me. It keeps me sane just knowing that other people have similar experiences to me. 

I have children, grandchildren and a cute dog. I’m strong for all of them. They love me and I love them. Yet, I need more. One can’t always put on a brave face. I need people who understand the fear, the pain and the tedium that comes with being incurable. I also need cheering up occasionally!  

Portales

• Hi Portales and welcome. Yes it is a up and down but we can do it. I'm glad you will take a break and go away...gives you some energy back. I have stage 4 NSCLC to..no surgery on lung just a bit on brain lol..but still here after now 8 years!!!!

• Hi Annette, another thing in common! Carol and I stayed in Irvine one weekend a few years ago. It was featured (among many many others) in a Stena Line brochure for holidays going by boat with car. I think it may even have been Sealink as it was then. 

I can't remember the name of the hotel but it was at the waterfront and the feature of said hotel was that it had a tropical area with high humidity and heat and I think it was beside the pool. I've just done a search for it but can't seem to find it.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Moi2

i love Wales too, it is so beautiful. Yorkshire moors are great. I used to have family holidays in cottages and the boys used to love it.

• Hi Aunti T, I’m still trying to understand how to post. I see the “react” button and I don’t know what it means. I’m, therefore, too scared to “react”! 
    I like cats too, unfortunately, my dog doesn’t. Anyway, nice to meet you and I agree with you that we will get better at navigating the site 

• Hi Pet1968 and thanks for the welcome. 8 years is amazing! I’m already getting my energy back and I haven’t even had my short breaks yet. I feel more relaxed now I am getting my life sorted. 
    I agree with you and Barack Obama “yes we can”. Relaxed

• Good morning Portales. Welcome. It's not necessarily great to be here, it's certainly better to be here than not. This is a place where we can all be open and free to ask for what we need when we need it. Welcome.

• Hi Portales, I don’t believe I have welcomed you yet, so a very warm welcome from me.

I see you have mentioned the react button. This is an emoji button that you can use after reading a post. You press it them chose which emoji to use. It’s a good way of letting people know you have read their comment x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi grumpyparr

Thanks for the welcome. I agree with you regarding being here.

• Hi Chelle

Thanks for the welcome. I just tried the react button. I know it’s daft but I hate pressing buttons when I don’t know what they mean!

• Thankyou. I am new here. Last week I was in A and E and the dr put DNAR( do not attempt resuscitation) on my notes. I have been upset by that.

Good to hear how things have been for you. Long may it last.