Long time reading and my first post

• 33 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hello

I’ve finally plucked up the courage to post. I have found it really helpful reading posts in this forum. They have got me through some really dark times. it is so hard, both emotionally and physically, having incurable cancer. This forum has been a godsend to me. It keeps me sane just knowing that other people have similar experiences to me. 

I have children, grandchildren and a cute dog. I’m strong for all of them. They love me and I love them. Yet, I need more. One can’t always put on a brave face. I need people who understand the fear, the pain and the tedium that comes with being incurable. I also need cheering up occasionally!  

Portales

• Hiya Wave  A warm welcome to you.  We understand!  We like a laugh too.  We also like to view dog pictures . . . . . especially cute ones!   I'm just off for pre-assessment so I'll see you later.    

• Morning Portales I also have a cute (medium) dog who I adore plus children and a granddaughter. So we have something in common. I was diagnosed with mesothelioma NSCLC lung cancer in October 22. I didn’t ask what stage infact I don’t ask many questions! But I got attendance allowance straight away so I guess I was stage 4. I didn’t realise that you could go up and down in stages. I’m pleased that at the moment you are stable. 
    it took me a while before I joined this group as it was like owning up to being incurable which was hard to do. I’m off to my body conditioning class now after walking Ollie, my black lab…catch up later 

Judy xxx

• I read your profile Portales x

• Hello Portale, welcome to the group. Yes it is a  very emotional time with our diagnosis of treatable incurable.  Do one day at a time. I personally try to keep occupied,  read, dance, housework, walking and we do like a laugh on here, it does take my mind off cancer, on a bad day I stay in bed late, I just go with what my body wants. I'm on a 12 week break from immunotherapy,  which I intend to enjoy, going to Ibiza to visit my family. I've been stable for at least 3 years. Press my picture and read my profile. Keep posting xx

Moi

• Hi Mmum, thank you for the welcome. I just read your profile. I went to your blog and it’s very interesting. I’ve started researching trials but I don’t fit any of the lung cancer ones. My oncologist said I didn’t but I thought I’d research just in case. Hope your pre-assessment goes well.

• Hello MSG23, I’ve read your profile. I’m glad you are doing ok and I love your quote. 

• Hi Moi2. I can’t seem to get my reply to go under people’s posts. So, hopefully this one will go in the right place! Do people still get a notification if it doesn’t go in the right place? 
    anyway, I’ve read your profile. I try to keep occupied. I must admit it’s difficult to concentrate on my audiobooks when Barney, my loud Westie, goes into barking mode. I’m lucky to get one paragraph without an interruption. He doesn’t mind me playing on my Nintendo Switch and especially likes it docked so he can watch it on the TV! 
     Ibiza sounds good.

• I love Ibiza, the quiet part.  My daughter son in law and 2 grandsons live there, Emma's a teacher and Mike looks after villa's,  gardens, pools etc. Before cancer came we went every school holidays. The boys are 15 and 13. Your post to me came in my email I pressed reply and it has come up  under your original post, but they will appear xx

1. Moi
  • Hi Portales, A warm welcome, I'm pleased you finally decided to join us properly and post.I think we all put on a smiling face for our family and are quite proficient in saying "I'm fine thanks" as if it is true! Here we can tell it like it is and just writing it down sometimes can make the difference.

I have never asked  "what stage" or " How long". My oncologist, the second time I saw her said I had gone straight to Stage 4. My husband  asked "how many stages are there? Is it 10 or more?" He had no clue! The onc looked at me and I nodded that she could tell him there are 4 stages. What she actually told him was " I'm so sorry but Stage 4 is the last stage and you will be lucky if your wife sees this Christmas!" He said nothing!              The reason I'm telling you this is because that was Xmas 2013 she meant! I haven't had Chemo, Radiotherapy or Immunotherapy. I agreed to go on a Trial for a new Target Drug and I'm still here. Never give up hope, miracles do happen! I'm 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Moi

i looked at the guidelines for posting and I think I get it now. I used to love travelling but oncologist says no flying due to a pulmonary embolism when I was in hospital. So, it’s UK or no fly cruise from now on.
    I absolutely love seeing my granddaughters. They are 10 and 8. One lives an hour away and the other a couple of hours from me.