Long time reading and my first post

• 33 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hello

I’ve finally plucked up the courage to post. I have found it really helpful reading posts in this forum. They have got me through some really dark times. it is so hard, both emotionally and physically, having incurable cancer. This forum has been a godsend to me. It keeps me sane just knowing that other people have similar experiences to me. 

I have children, grandchildren and a cute dog. I’m strong for all of them. They love me and I love them. Yet, I need more. One can’t always put on a brave face. I need people who understand the fear, the pain and the tedium that comes with being incurable. I also need cheering up occasionally!  

Portales

• Hi Portales, I too in the early days was told no flying. So we got the train from Glasgow to Newcastle and took the ferry to Amsterdam to see the bulb fields, they were magnificent. The following year we took the train from Glasgow to Southampton where we stayed overnight then got a Cruise, first week to the Spanish riviera 2nd week to the Italian riviera on the same ship soo we didn't have to pack & unpack. Then we stayed overnight again in Southampton before getting the train home.

Where there's a will, there's a way! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette

I love your post. That is why I didn’t want to be told about stages! I know that I am incurable but that doesn’t mean it is the end just yet.
    I try to be realistic about scans - prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It’s hard work, both mentally and emotionally, but that is the way I cope. I always keep an eye on research just in case something appropriate turns up. You never know…

• I love this post too! I’ve had a really difficult time the last few years ending in telling my partner to leave. He went this month. I now feel free to enjoy life again. I am going on a glamping holiday in a few weeks with my sons and grandchildren. It will be lovely and we are all really happy! I’m also going away for a weekend with my best friend. We haven’t decided where we are going yet. We don’t really care. We are just going to enjoy being together. I feel like my world is back to normal and I hope I have enough time to make the most of it. Even the dog is happier!

• Hi  

I've just been to Ibiza for the first time. We went to Santa Eulalia, it was really nice, the heatwave was a bit hard to bear though. I was talking to my CNS before I went and apparently all her family live there and she's been going since she was 2. Have a great time.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi  

Welcome to the group. I'm pleased you've found the courage to post, keep posting, were all friendly and supportive here. Your trips away sound great, something to look forward to. I'm pleased you've got some new found peace in your life.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi sistermoon

thank you for being so welcoming.

• Hi A, my family have lived in Ibiza for 11 years. I love Santa Eulalia. Not to far from Santa Carla's were they lived, very quiet mostly Spanish there and a few English, Germans. Haven't seen new house yet can't wait. XX

Moi

• Hi again, lol sorry your partner has gone but as long as you are OK about it. Ìt sound like you have a good support group around you .

Lots of lovely places in this country, I luv Wales, Devon, haven't been right up north yet. I'd luv to try Glamping, enjoy your brakes and just relax and have fun, then fill us in when you get back . XX

Moi

• Hi, it took me a long time to post too and I’m not sure how to navigate this site but I’m sure I will get better at it!

I’m a cat lover so may post some photos of my lovely moggies soon Grinning

• Hi All, I think having a break to look forward to is essential. As I've not been too good for a while, we have decided to go away, here and there in Scotland over the next few months. Irvine for 3 days in August, Oban for 4 days in September and Ayr for 3 days in October. They are all on the west coast and we love it. Oban is a bit further away, so that's why we are staying the extra night, the sunsets are amazing!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!