This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning Chit-Chat-Thread - May 2024

• 631 replies
  • 47 subscribers

New month, new thread - as requested by  

Daily Life chit chat for bloods, scans, appointments, going shopping, cutting grass, reading, watching some thing decent on TV - whatever your day has in store for you. That is daily life!

Even having a laugh, that is a normal life, and we all have it.

If you have a special topic please start a new thread so people that wish to see it can, and can comment.

Hope this is to everyone's approval.

Thanks.

• Morning Ellie, morning everyone, stopped raining has been non stop for 36 hours, though no sun, still no results, thought I might get them at GPs yesterday, but no. therapy day for me and no hospitals for a week, just physio at clinic tomorrow. best wishes to anyone with appointments or waiting for results.

Eddie xx

• Morning everyone!

Hope you've all got something interesting and enjoyable to do today. Mine will consist of washing floors, and going for a blood test! I'm hoping my iron levels have got back to being 'in normal range', so I can come off the iron tablets.

Have a good day everyone

Kate

• Good Morning Everyone, I had a phone call the other day after handing into the surgery my BP results, twice a day for 7 days and asked to attend an appointment as the doctor wished to discuss my BP which was quite high.

Saw doc yesterday and he asked how I was getting on with the new BP tablets prescribed by his colleague. I said obviously not very well as I was asked to attend here I replied. The GP I had seen last time said I needed a stronger tablet as the one I was on I was taking the highest dose it came in so she said "I'll give you a different one"! Turns out I should have been taking the new one 'as well as' the one I already took! I asked how I was meant to know that when she didn't say in addition to the one I already took, so I assumed she was replacing it. GP I saw yesterday said it wasn't even clear in her notes that she meant I had to take both!   He apologised on her behalf and then said it was no wonder my BP had gone up and he would speak to her!

Now I have to take both pills once a day in the morning for 4 weeks, then take my BP twice a day for the following week and hand it in to the surgery! Let's hope that solves the problem!

I had no idea we had to be able to read minds, as well as everything else! Still raining here! Have a good day everyone and a terrific holiday weekend. I had better try to get a few hours sleep now as I visit a friend every Friday afternoon!  Anyone got exciting plans for the weekend??

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Good morning all , good luck with bloods Kate, mines lazy day of sweet F.A I'm doing nothing it's raining and I have lots of food in the house and I'm very tired, enjoy and be good!

Lee

• Hope you get plenty of rest Lee. Your body heals most when you're asleep!

• Hi Kate, I've got everything crossed for you. Iron tablets are horrible to take so hope you can come off them soon!

Lec That sounds like the kind of day I need! Enjoy!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks Kate that good advice and I need it , have a good day 

Lee

• Morning Kate, good luck with the bloods. I have physiotherapy and phone calls to do today, then nothing till Tuesday, happy days,

Eddie xx

• Morning Annette, I do hope they have got it right second time around, shouldn't happen though I'm guessing most of us will have a similar experience, PS I always thought women could read our minds, must be mens only, say hello to your friend for me  and enjoy the weekend, I have no plans, take care'

love Eddie xx

• Morning Lee, good luck with your do nothing lazy day, I think Ringo may have other idea's, take care.

Eddie