Newby!

• 25 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, I'm new here and really sorry if I'm in the wrong place, I'm learning the ropes. Please let me know if needs be.

I've completed my profile but briefly, diagnosed November 2023 with radiotherapy induced Angiosarcoma, incurable, inoperable. I'm having Chemo, Paclitaxel but been advised that there is only a 20% chance it will shrink/stabilise the tumour. Although there has been some discussion there is some shrinkage, it is not determined as I haven't yet had a scan. I've had 9 rounds of Chemo up to now and I've another 4 to go this cycle. 

I'm here to chat to like minded people, I believe the best people who can truly sympathise/empathise are those that have suffered the same. Today is a lazy day for me, reading my book, watching TV, playing playstation and sleeping no doubt. Whatever you may be doing, enjoy!

• Hi  

Hello Marie, you are in the right place, a very warm welcome to you. No one would choose to be here but we make the best of it. Like all the previous replies have said, everyone in the group is very friendly and supportive. I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis. My story is in my profile, I'm currently stable after treatment. As everyone has said, we understand each other when others don't. Best wishes for your treatment.

A x

• Hello MariaT  and a warm welcome from me, Fairly new myself but have found everyone warm and supportive and most of all an understanding of what it's like to be terminal, but with a lighter, fun side as well, though mostly ladies there are a few guys all happy to help you in any way we can, Lazy days are great, i had a lazy hour today when i electrocuted myself at the hospital and knocked myself out,

Eddie

• Glad you have found us, and you have been welcomed, by a lot of good people

I cannot add any more, though every one is always here, for the other when needed, some one can relate to what you, may be going threw., phicaly or mentally as we have, all been and are going threw, what  you may be experiencing..

• MarieT it took me ages to find my way around and I still get lost!!! Go to the top of the page and you see a lightening symbol. Click on it and it gives you a drop down, then click on a name that is on the chit chat tread and bobs your uncle you have joined it.

Judy

• Hi MarieT, A warm welcome from me also you are spot on, I do think only people going through this can truly understand how you feel on this roller coaster.

For me, the drug that saved my life has also caused a lot of problems I have to deal with day by day. However if i knew then what i know now, would i have taken a Trial Drug? You bet i would!

I wouldn't worry, if i were you, if you have posted in the right place or not, the fact that you have joined this Group and Posted, is a great start!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh Eddie, You are meant to have someone else knock you out! You are not suppose to do it yourself! Are you alright? What were you doing, charging your mobile! lol!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Annette was told it was an electric shock, was knocked unconscious cut fine in no time, did get a free lunch though.

Eddie

• Thank you for the warm welcome.  I'm sorry to hear of your story but good to hear you are stable after treatment. May that continue. 

• Thank you for the warm welcome and good to be here. Oh noooooo, however did you do that? I hope you are okay?

• Thank you for this Judy. I was getting confused as to how I post and join a conversation. I'm guessing once you've joined chat it's a new thread?? I'll give it a good, I'm sure I'll get there in the end lol