This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning-Chit -Chat- Thread No 19

• 1154 replies
  • 50 subscribers

New Thread, 

Daily Life chit chat going for bloods, scan appointment ,shopping, cutting grass, what ever, even  watching tv,  reading a good book ,what ever your day may bring, as that is normal life, as such, and we all have a life.

If you have a special topic, please start a new thread, then people if they can help or advise, know what the subject is.

Hope this is to everyone's approval, i will ask the Mods to close No 18, when they can..

• Hi GL 

Your not alone, with always raining,,  it is depressing, and we are not alone in saying that..

I am glad, that you can say that, after the first year, thats the way to go, onwards and upwards.

Really cold though sun is shinning, which is nice to see.

• I think I would consider Matts improvement as good news however long it’s taking.

easy for me to say but he’s going the right way.

good luck and best wishes.

• Been thinking of you both. One day at a time. Hugs from Rainie x

• How's tricks BP? It's freezing here and my feet are like ice blocks. Just sitting with a cuppa and a couple of digestive bikkies. Clear skies and the bird baths have ice on them. The sparrowhawk was up hunting this morning - well it might have been a buzzard but too far away to tell and I don't have any bins. Best wishes to Mrs BP and hope she's feeling better. Rainie x

• Yes, plenty of snow still in the ground. Cleared it off the windscreen before it turns into ice.

Mrs BP is getting a bit of relief but will need another week or two to see if it’s been successful.

watched Countryfile on Sunday, was all about the seals at Blakeny point. It featured a chap who lives in the lighthouse and looks after the seals and an artist chappy whose work looked a bit like yours.

have a look on catch up if you didn’t see it, I’m sure you will know the artist.

he did mention a noisy party held recently, that upset the wildlife!

• Hope your trip  out, went well.  Sewing Moi, one job i hate doing, rather clean  the oven.

Yes we all have our bug  bears thats for sure., you  not what they say, nothing so queer as folk.

Not sure where the day has gone, time waits for o man lol

• Had severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, went by ambulance to A&E where we spent most of yesterday - not back until 10:20pm and hadn't had any food (not so much of an issue for me though as my appetite is not great all of a sudden).

Doctor though it might be kidney stones so sent me for a CT scan which ruled that out but did show a further increase in size of lymph nodes since previous scan seven weeks ago. It was not the scan I usually have prior to oncology appointment - no dye - but sounds like it is sufficient to discuss with oncologist as he has offered us a cancellation appointment for tomorrow morning.

I've been doing pretty well really so this is a shock (and yes, I am thinking the worst). If the cancer is spreading quickly and I continue to have pain and nausea - that's going to be a major decrease in quality of life even with pain-killing medication. Hopefully I'm jumping the gun, again, but it feels like things are accelerating - all the things we still have to discuss etc.

On that last point my partner and I were due to meet with a hospice nurse yesterday to discuss how my cancer might progress, so that we have an idea of what's in store and how we might want to prepare. We are open to discussing things ourselves but feel that a facilitated discussion would be helpful to get the ball rolling - we've been wanting to make the most of things whilst I'm well so have not been in a hurry to have those tougher chats, until now.

My GP and oncology team have been brilliant in responding to this change so quickly.

mikel

• Hi Mike

Well like you, , i was not excepting you to write  this thread, a  little taken back.

Yes  you could be jumping the gun a little, though the mind, always goes to the darkest of places, we are human after all.

I had the hospice nurse, for my hubby, and they are brilliant, in every way, for hubby and i was so  much better than, the hospital he was in, for 6 weeks.

Yes you will have loads of questions i am sure, and at times, they go better, than just you and your partner, they do know what they are talking about, they have been there, for many people.

Listen to what your oncologist has to say, and then take it from there.

You have had the courage, to post here,  i appreciate that, that you felt you could do.

Yes you are a new person in our  club, and i hope, things may improve and you are here for a while longer.

My thoughts are with you and yours, and will be thinking of you tomorrow. xxxx

• Mike. so sorry to hear what's happening, looks like your in good hands and tests have been done quickly, it's normal to think the worst and why wouldn't you in our position, hopefully it's just a bump in the road  and your oncologist meeting tomorrow goes well, best wishes

Eddie

• Hi Mikel , well all I can say is you have a good oncologist and team around you responding so quickly to your resent changes. Write all you questions  and concerns down for your oncologist and the hospice  nurse. I'm sending hugs and good vibes to you and your partner. Let's hope your results are not as bad as you think xx

Moi