Incurable cancer that has spread

• 26 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi I don’t normally post things about myself, but I’ve been feeling really low the last few days and need to lift my spirits again

• Hi Kevin! I had two different chemo's and none worked for me, then i was lucky to get immuno therapy and it worked. was given 10-12 months , this was 2015! So lets hope the new drugs will work for you and there will be other options to if not. So don't give up. 

• Hi yes my cancer is chemo resistant, so going to try regorafenib a targeted therapy drug, will be collecting these on Wednesday Blush

Kevin

• Hi Kevin, just read your post and profile, welcome to the group, feel down is quite normal, we all go thru it and out the other side.

Just think of all the good things in your life and the joy the bring you, good luck with the new meds I hope they work well for you.

• Hi Kevin,

Nice to meet you, though as others have said, none of us really want to be here. We’re in this together and there is some solace, I feel, in knowing we’re not alone in going through this. I am generally very positive about my cancer and treatment. I try and see it a a nuisance that hinders my fun rather than a killer. But I definitely get awful down days. They usually occur when I realise that no one really understands. Especially when they say “great news about your cancer markers shrinking” or something like that. They don’t have a clue that that doesn’t mean it’s all better. But they mean well so I come here to vent and then get on with living. 

Hope you find comradeship here and support. And that your mood begins to lift. Do ask for help. I’m currently waiting for counselling which I am hoping will help me work out my feelings about my shortened life expectancy.

all the best and keep talking,

Bev the green cliff lady 

• Hi GCL, so you're a Bev we already have one who lives in the wonderful north east.

• Welcome  . I have just joined this group also and it has certainly lifted my spirits. Wishing you well with the new medication and ongoing treatment.

mikel

• Welcome Kevin, Glad that you've found us. We're all in the same boat and you can say anything here. We get it. We all feel like you do from time to time. It's a bloody rollercoaster, so share it all on here and you'll feel better for it. Hugs coming your way.  Rainie x

• Welcome to the group Kevin, fairly new myself and finding my feet. take care, Eddie

• Hi Ulls sorry to hear you have not been well, hope your feeling a little better now. Eddie

• Hello  Bev, do you have a counsellor lined up or are you waiting to be allocated one, could give some suggestions if needed. I have counselling and would recommend it to everyone, Eddie