Incurable cancer that has spread

• 26 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi I don’t normally post things about myself, but I’ve been feeling really low the last few days and need to lift my spirits again

• I am sorry to hear that, could you please, give us an insight,  as you have not filled out a profile.

Though you are very welcome, and will get a lot of support, from everyone, we are all here, to support each other, and we do. 

I would not have got this far, if it was not for,   this group, some one always here for me in good times and bad.

We listen, i as some one may be feeling, like you are, we have all been there, you are not alone.

We laugh yes laugh, cry, scream, rant, what ever you may be feeling.

Though i am pleased you found us, and put pen to paper, we where all new once.

Others will come along to welcome you, i know they will.

• Hi Klrm glad you've taken the plunge to join us. We are here to support you in any way we can.

Take care

Judy xxx

• Hi  

Hello and a warm welcome to the group.  As Ellie said, it's a good idea to write a profile. To do this click on your user name, then again and save when you've written it. If this is not clear, scroll down after your groups and there are instructions. This will give us a bit of background for our replies and will save you repeating yourself. If you need an idea of what to write, click on my username to read mine.

I can see that you are a member of the bowel group. What is happening with you at the moment? Is there any reason for your low mood? If you have felt this way for a while, can I suggest a visit to your GP? If you feel you need someone to talk to, please ring the Macmillan helpline and they may be able to suggest some help or advice for you.

You will find a lot of support here from all of us. Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing. Best regards.

A x

• Thanks for your reply I’ve updated my profile picture, that’s a start I’m not very gd with technology lol, I’ve just finished chemo tablets they haven’t worked, going to try another tablet called stirvarga this Is palliative and has been for sometime.

Kevin

• Does take a little time, to work out the site, group, though we all get there in the end.

If you where to click on my icon or picture, tells you all about me, nothing interesting, same as every one else, and gives on an insight to other members journey.

Glad you have poped back, never had chemo tablets, as such, did chemo ,radiotherapy, and immunotherapy., and i was told when it decides to start up again will be tablet chemo,

I have Lung Cancer, so every one here with a different type, and all incurable...

• Hi I’ve done abit more on my profile about myself and my journey Blush

Kevin

• Good for you,, you can do it.

It saves people keep asking, as we have no idea, and helps every one.

I will take a look in a little while.

We all get down days and need out spirits lifting, not always easier, and its true, no one understand how you fill, even y family do not at times, even though i try to explain.

Though every one here does, and when i am down they soon pick me up.

They are all brillant, and i would not be this far with out there help.

• I have just read your profile, thank you.now people and i  can see, what you have and are going threw.

You have had a real bumpy road, and lots of ups and downs, it is not easy. as we all know.

Though as i said a great bunch of people and all belong to the same club, and to be honest, if one has to belong to a good club, this is it, though i wish for every one different circumstances.

• Hi  

That's great Kevin, good to meet you, even if it is in this group where none of us would choose to be. It's full of great people though, so you've come to the right place. We all understand, when others don't. Keep posting, the other fellas will be pleased you're here, as there's not as many men in the group. Have a look at Ellie's lovely morning chit chat if you like a bit of banter. 

A x

• Hi Kevin, A warm welcome to the Group! Thanks for putting a little bit of your story on your profile! I read your post yesterday and went to your profile to read about how you got here but there was nothing there then! I intended doing what Ellie has done and ask for a bit of information, so it is great you have done that! Of course we didn't even know if you were male or female but now we do! I think most of us in this Group started with palliative care and were treated with something our oncologists thought would prolong our lives for a little longer. The thing is, you never know what is going to work, so we just plod on. The best thing I have found is to live each day as it comes! Enjoy what we can, for as long as we can with our friends and family! I'm sure you will get on fine in the Group and you will get to know the other gents as well as the ladies. We are here for one another day and night!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!