What i'm doing, hope to do, or would like to do this summer

• 148 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Evening lovely people

Just wondering what everyone is up to this summer, If anything, have you booked a holiday, special day out or just a treat for the afternoon, evening. Something that's going give you something to look forward to.. a small boost.

It may give those of us who haven't decided yet ideas of what they can do, wether it be big or small.

I have booked to go a local..ish, small three day music festival in July,  I'm also seeing Billy Gibbons { from ZZ Top } in consert, thankfully that is local as well,

I would also love to take my van, Mr T {swb ford transit van with basic camper converstion} up to yorkshire to visit the James Herriot museum. But i am i little worried it will be too much for me with the distance etc.  My only saving grace is that if i do get too tired i can climb in the back for a kip and a cup of coffee anytime, with no real deadline to get home.

Cat x

• Well good people, i had my first recci trip in my van, MR T, last night over in the Forest.

It was brilliant ! No drama's or hiccups. There's a couple of things i need to change and adjust etc including ..... Rigging something up for my NG tube as it  got caught a couple of times, resulting i it being really pulled. .. So I'm going to rig a handle rail up on the side of the van to clamp the pump onto and a hook in the roof for the feed bag, Instead of using the 'stand' on the table, so it is out of the way and won't get caught again.

I also realized that when i have my RIG fitted next Thursday, using my zipped up sleeping bag is not going to be ideal, so i'll swap it out for a quilt or blankets.

Other than that it was brilliant to be able to get away. Once i can drive again after my RIG fitting i'll be off again, maybe for 2 or 3 days away next time. 

Cat x

• Well done Cat! It sounds like this is the first of many adventures in your ‘Mr T’ van. It was great to read “it was brilliant’ - Happy travels and please keep us all posted on your adventures xxxxxx.

• Brilliant Cat! Sounds wonderful. We picked up our microcamper conversion yesterday and are getting ready for a trip to Scotland in June. We’d like somewhere to try it overnight but are pretty busy so the Scotland trip might be the first time we try it we try it.

• That is absolutely brilliant, just the job. Go anywhere at a moments notice. Enjoy.

• Just try it at home, and use it as you would away 

• Just wondering how those of you manage in a campervan with a feeding tube ?

I rigged this up today, it's just a hand rail and hook. But after the tube getting caught a couple of times the other night, It's now up and safe out of the way.

Cat x

• Where' does the beer go Cat?

• Those converstions are really popular and so practicle, i did think about one the same, but at the time i was going to be using it more as a mobile work shop than a camper. But now i've had to give up work it's turned into a stealth camper !!.

Hope you're Scotland trip goes well, have a great time.  Be nice to see some pic's when you get back.

Cat x 

• This is my Mr T .. a SWB 2ltr tansit.

It was all done on a budget, my only extravangance was to have someone else do the bench/bed cusions as i'm not fit enough to do them myself.

As per recent pic, i've attached the bar & hook now for my pump, so it's not stood on the table now.

Cat x

• We would but our drive is a slope so we would need very big wedge things as a steep slope x