New Skills

• 68 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi everyone, l saw a post on another thread from  that she is learning a new skill of calligraphy. That's prompted me to begin a new thread entitled New Skills, Elliekate is learning one every month. I'll be happy beginning and mastering the basics of one every year but maybe given my bone marrow cancer diagnosis, I'll try to learn the basics of one every 6 months. I've been diagnosed now almost 8 years so wish I'd started earlier! 

I'm going to learn willow weaving, I planted 1500 willow trees for 5 or so years until my back gave up 7 years ago. I hope to harvest the trees from now for fuel for my wood burning boiler stove that will do my central heating once I dry the wood.

1500 trees gives me more branches that I'll need and I now have some willow whips that are different colours for making baskets etc. I'm not what you would call arty but I can follow instructions in 3 or 4 books I have on the subject.

Anyone else started a new skill lately or have I sparked any interest and inspired anyone?

I made a few of these 3 or 4 years ago. Never did woodworking in my life, put a few shelves up and put skirting up but never actually made anything. Proud of them I am, Mrs Tvman did the paintwork.

Take care everyone

Tvman xx 

• Your post about 3 hours ago, thought my post about clippy mats were on the wrong thread, naughty boy.

• Of course it's everyone's thread Sarah, I for one don't believe that anyone owns a particular thread although some people think they do lol

Love life and family.
  • The noise was loud at the knit and natter because they were talking in groups of 2 and 3 so they had to talk louder to be heard. What happened to a library being a sanctum of peace and quiet?

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • That came from you not from me, Ulls. I thought your post about mats was lovely. Lovely memories. I'd love to see a photo if you have any.And I'm surprised you thought that because I certainly didn't say anything negative about that post.

• The only thing I can think is that my reply appeared soon after yours. But I assure you I was talking to sistermoon and I didn't for one minute think that what you said wasn't relevant.

• Far from it  , you're contributing and you're very welcome.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ulls, I was so busy trying to finish them, I didn't take a photograph of them. After our holiday, if I remember, when I'm at our sons or daughters house I will take a photograph!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • What a lovely thread,I've enjoyed reading about everyones projects. I'm having a go at knitting because one of my daughters is expecting a baby in May. 

Sarah 

• Hi Sarah & Congratulations!! Oh I loved knitting baby things, they don't take long to do. If they say anything about the baby being small, try a 16 or 18 inch doll pattern. I found the baby 0-3month size was too big for our granddaughters but was ok for our grandson. The most recent things I've knitted are clothes for our youngest g/daughters dolls (she loves her dolls) This doll has a full wardrobe full of knitted clothes and so does her boy doll!

Love Annette x

• Hi Tvman I've just seen your post of 13 hours ago.

My answer to you is, I don't intend to go anywhere and you always have to wait for Quality!

Love Annette x