Three Good Things

• 51 replies
  • 48 subscribers

This was a thread that was started by a good friend here and unfortunately 3 or 4 years ago she passed away. She was everyone's friend with a great knowledge of many subjects. The title of the thread gives a feeling of positivity and happiness. My three good things for yesterday are:

1. A good friend was given the all clear from cancer after having a mastectomy last year.
  2. I received 50 willow plants that I'd sent away for, they're 5 different colours to add to my 1,500 trees I planted over 5 years. I want to take up willow basketry etc.
  3. I went to my favourite tropical fish keepers' shop where I picked up a voucher my daughter had sent me and I went home with some beautifully coloured tropical fish.  

Tvman xx 

• It warms the heart when you see the product of your work blooming. Isn't nature wonderful Grinning 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • You need to put some bulbs in this year so you get that happiness back in your life for next spring SarahHeart️ 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • It certainly is tvman! I wish I was as good as you at the old gardening lark though! X

• Hi   , I wasn't a gardener until we moved to the country, just over the hill from where Mrs Tvman was born. I took an interest in gardening 35 years ago especially growing veg. That's my passion nowadays but it's very much more difficult because I am a wheelchair user now although I can move around the veg beds and sit on the sides to plant, dig or sow seeds. I have to try harder these days.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • I'm glad this thread is back as it was always such a good one.

My three for today were:

1. Last night I slept through till dawn. It was a catch up, but what a difference it makes.

2. Had a singing session this morning and really enjoyed it.

3, Found a good, reliable handyman who came when he said he would and did a load of jobs well. Couldn't ask for more.

Onwards & upwards indeed.

Rainie x

• Well I think you are doing a marvellous job and have enjoyed seeing all your photos. Keep it up as long as you can, it must help keep you fit and so good for mental health. I have got a small greenhouse and had some success growing tomatoes and cucumbers in it. I try and grow herbs but they keep dying! Chives are the only ones I’ve had success with. 

Jac x

• Hi all.

3 good things this week.

1. I've had positive scan results, the cancer is stable.

2. Had hugh positive support from people on this forum.

3. A walk in the forest showed me all the signs of spring and the beautiful colour to come.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Donna

• My three good things today are:

1. My lovely mum and dad came over and helped me to do housework which I was stressing about as I’ve been too tired to do it. We got it done in an hour! 
    2 My mum made a delicious leek, garlic and shallot tart which we had for our lunch.

3. They’ve now gone home and I’ve got time to sit and read the paper.

What are your three good things everyone? 
    Jac x

• My 3 good things

1. My mum is visiting and has helped me in the garden, we've planted three bushes and some pansies and (I think) petunias. Mum said we should have properly weeded the bed first, but we did whatcwe could.
    2. My neice visited with her 2yo daughter who is a tiny bundle of joy and energy 
    3. I had a fun time at Aqua aerobics with my daughter 

Me and my mum in the front garden

Sarah 

• What a lovely mum! Did you have good weather Sarah? Rained here all day yesterday but looking better today.

Jac x