Three Good Things

• 51 replies
  • 48 subscribers

This was a thread that was started by a good friend here and unfortunately 3 or 4 years ago she passed away. She was everyone's friend with a great knowledge of many subjects. The title of the thread gives a feeling of positivity and happiness. My three good things for yesterday are:

1. A good friend was given the all clear from cancer after having a mastectomy last year.
  2. I received 50 willow plants that I'd sent away for, they're 5 different colours to add to my 1,500 trees I planted over 5 years. I want to take up willow basketry etc.
  3. I went to my favourite tropical fish keepers' shop where I picked up a voucher my daughter had sent me and I went home with some beautifully coloured tropical fish.  

Tvman xx 

• Thanks Jac,

It didn't rain until 3.30pm, we are hoping to do some more work on the garden today, it looks fine outside at the moment. Do you have any left of the pie your lovely mum made?

Sarah 

• Thank you Sarah, No it was too good, my husband finished it off when he got home from work. I’m having a quiet day today. What are you up to Sarah? 

Jac x

•    Sarah, don't forget you can post a few photos and a message on the gardens and gardening thread. I've asked admin if they can drop the 2022 off the title because if I start a 2023 thread, I'll lose photos etc from the history.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Apart from the garden we're mainly getting ready to take my mum home. My dad has been visiting my sister in Singapore, he is flying home overnight and we will collect him in the morning and take them both home, then we'll have a few days at their home in North Wales. So not so quiet for us!

Sarah 

• Hi everyone, my 3 good things for yesterday are

1. I had an appointment with the Chronic Pain Clinic consultant yesterday with reference to my back pain of which most of you are aware. He spoke for an hour with a little occasional interjection from me. I'm going to discuss that in a new thread later.
    2. I had lunch with my only brother yesterday, we meet once a month for lunch. We chatted, laughed a lot about our past happenings and he listened attentively when I discussed my health. He has no children so I am his only blood relative left so our time together means a lot to both of us. I said he is my brother, he's also my best friend (apart from my wife and children of course).
    3. I met with my other sister in law yesterday, my recently deceased brother's wife. I hadn't seen her since Christmas and we had a lot to chat about. Of course she knows of my conditions and is deeply interested and sympathetic. I am in awe of her living with the consequences of an illness from 4 years ago. She developed a bowel pain, went to lie down and woke up a month later. She had collapsed due to a blockage in her bowel and most of her bowel had to be removed. What little remained was stretched up to be sewn to her stomach and she is left with a stoma. She was then sedated for a month and left hospital 6 months later. Well that was a busy day, a lot of chatting involved!  
    Love life and family.
  • Sounds wonderful though, sounds like you have a lovely family Sarah. Have a fantastic time in Wales. Do you live far from your parents? 
    Jac x

• Sounds like you’ve had a lovely time with family tvman. You are so right family become so important when life gets tough. Are you having a quiet day today? 
    Jac x

• Well, once I finish catching up with here I'll be planting seed potatoes and sowing some tomato seeds and also some salad stuff in a couple of small seed trays on a sunny windowsill. I'll be showing them in the Gardens and Gardening thread soon Jac.

You have a lovely day

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Sarah, I hope you have a lovely time with your parents in North Wales. I have never been to Wales for a break of any kind, I've been to Scotland many times and also to England quite a lot as my daughter and family live there. 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Wow! You don’t stop!