Weight loss.

• 31 replies
  • 48 subscribers

As I have said I have been diagnosed with diabetes early this year. I have lossed about 12lb in weight, from not eating sweets cakes and crisps and a major change in my diet, so the doctor is pleased.

Saying that the cancer team are a bit concerned, but I have assured them it's intended weight loss but looked at with pity, as if I don't no what I'm on about. xx

Moi

• Oh Annette the best was the othere day I put a pair of trouses on from last winter and they are big, I was really pleased, I think we can do this Annette. xx

Moi

• Oh I hope so!  PMA is what's required! Positive Mental Attitude!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • We must all eat a sensible diet that is the best for us. It is tough to do sometimes.

my problem is I am disappearing I am now 6.5 stone or 43 kgs.

i am trying to eat more and high calorie foods and fortisip drinks 

I try to eat little and often xxx

Ruth 

• Oh Ruth, that doesn't sound like a healthy weight but maybe you have a slight frame and have been that weight for all your life. 

I hope you can add weight to find a weight that you are happy with. Good luck on your quest.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth, I have the same problem as you. I was 43.5kg in June and July but have managed to get up to 46.5kg. Some of it naturally went back on after chemo stopped and I've increased my intake of Ensure Plus. I can't eat solids so it's not going on as much or as quickly as I'd like. Before cancer I was overweight & constantly on a diet of sorts.

I'd give anything now to get my curves back! Slight smile xx

• Hi Ruth, I wish I could gift you some of my weight. On a serious note it must be so hard to put weight on when you aren't  hungry or find it hard to eat. Just read little fi message might be worth trying Ensure plus  like her. Take care sending hugs xx

Moi

• My normal weight over the years was 8 and a half stone 

so I have lost 2 stone and trying hard now to eat 

I do take fortisip which is like ensure as well as I can eat and try and eat high calorie and protein.

i eat chocolate chips crisps ice cream  pizza as well as fruit and veg amid we have always enjoyed fish.

pub fish and chips are high calorie and very good locally.

i also enjoy lager and wine though have it in the middle of the day when I am not taking the morphine.

I don’t want to lose any more weight xxx

Ruth 

• Thank you x

Ruth 

• Yes it is hard looking at my body now as I have shrunk so much xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, Although I have the opposite problem because I was always on the go with sports etc, since being immobile I have just piled the weight on, so trying hard to loose it. However I can imagine how worrying when you keep loosing weight you don't want to loose.

I wonder do the dietitians at the hospital have any quick ways to put on weight for you, or is it your metabolism that's out of zinc? I agree with Moi, if I could, I would, give you all the weight you want! What about cream? Is that good for putting on weight? I'm sure you have tried lots of things but something must work! Stick with the crisps!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!