Weight loss.

• 31 replies
  • 48 subscribers

As I have said I have been diagnosed with diabetes early this year. I have lossed about 12lb in weight, from not eating sweets cakes and crisps and a major change in my diet, so the doctor is pleased.

Saying that the cancer team are a bit concerned, but I have assured them it's intended weight loss but looked at with pity, as if I don't no what I'm on about. xx

Moi

• Well done Moi, as long as the doctor is pleased then you know you're doing the right thing!  You must feel a whole lot better too. x

• Thanks little-fi, I do sneak the odd biscuit , then feel guilty  lol xx

Moi

• Well done on losing the weight if it was intended! Oncologists don't like weight loss, but it's good as far as the diabetic doctors are concerned! 

Sarah 

• Hi Sarah, my calendar & Xmas cards arrived yesterday. The calendar is so nice, we’ll done to all you ladies! X

• Haha!  I can relate to this because from my past experience I've noted that unintended (+ significant) weight loss is a "sign" of sub-optimal events!  

• Thanks so much for your support, my choir are awesome and many of them are much braver than me! 

Sarah 

• Good for you Moi, I have been doing the same, I've cut out biscuits, sweets and anything else you eat between meals. I started before going on holiday at the start of October, lost 5.4kg. Came back after two week holiday and had put on 2kg. That's how easily I put on weight. I stayed off the biscuits etc but did have some ice creams. Since then I haven't weighed myself as if I haven't lost much, I will be disappointed and if I've lost more than I think, I might want to celebrate! I will wait until end of November. 
    I'm hoping it will help with the pain in my hip and leg.

I would have thought the cancer team would be pleased for you too as long as you don't overdo it! How long are you going to keep it up for?

I have put on quite a bit since I became immobile, so I need to loose quite a lot!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I haven't really decided how long, probably end of November, I'm actually fitting into clothes  I stopped wearing cos of weight I'd put on, It really makes you feel good as the pounds Co.e off doesn't  it. Yes I've found my left leg is not as sore since I've lost a bit of weight. Xx

Moi

• Hi Moi, I've already got into my winter trousers, I couldn't get on last year! Yes it makes you feel good! I am hoping it will help with my pain too! Fingers crossed!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!