Well glad i young when i was.

• 36 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Thought i would watch some of  Glastonbury, well not sure what to say, not my cup of tea, but i  am no youngster.

To me just a bloody racket, but each to their own,

Bring back the good old days, regarding music, and decent songs that,last for ever.

Ellie x

• I like being an old fxxxxr, don't take that away from me. It's taken me coming up to 70 yrs to gain that moniker.

It's all rubbish, bring back Frank Ifield with Liberace on the piano!

So what happened today at your face to face OBS., its got you going whatever.xx

• Or Max Bygraves with his toothbrush - such enduring classics eh?

It was fine thanks - think the consultant was as bemused as me by why it was a face to face. But it was nice to meet him, never having done so far. Think he was impressed that I could say his name with all its multiple syllables as it generally shortened to the first one only ( such a rude thing we do to people with long foreign names I think) Anyway, having ingratiated myself, we looked at bits of CT scan, although no official report yet. Bone lesion doesnt seem to have changed and as I have no pain from it, all good. Back on chemo Friday and unless full report from Ct shows it has stopped working, or bloods are consistently badly affected, then on we go. And if it does stop working, there is a new drug which could be in line- so all fairly positive.

Glad you feel you have earned your old f*** badge - wear it with pride.

xx

• Pleased with your efforts to correctly name someone, I always try and rarely manage to get it right, 

Your news is brilliant, wondering why you were going to have a face to face must have got your dodgy blood streaking around your body. A good thing I reckon!

Great to know there are further plans if necessary.

Regards,

old fxxxxr xx

• Have to say they did sound good, and they whee in fashion rainbow colours.

Ellie x

• Why is misogyny illegal but misandry not, equality?

• Misogny isnt illegal - but is prevalent. Of course there is misandry too , but women have suffered thousands of years of oppression ( and dont look over the water at what just happened over in USA last week). I think we should all watch what we believe and say - I hate comments by anyone which seek to diminish someone based on sex,gender, race disability,etc and I particularly detest comments about the size of certain male parts as a source of comedy, as it is as bad  as comments on women's bodies. Sorry, seems, piety wasnt over after all.

• Hi OBS don't get me wrong I decry any and all attacs again individuals for any reason, it's a great pity that we just can't accept peoples diffences and accept that we are all members of the human race.

All the best Ulls 

• Nice to have a face to face.

Good luck with your treatment xxx

Ruth 

• What about Crowded House, that's not a bl**dy racket. One of theirs is my funeral song! 

Elbow? Come on now, voice of an angel,

I think you might have just happened upon some randomers making a godawful din. You need better selection Ellie, that's all.

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Oh God, Max Bygraves. Aaarghhh. My Mum loved him - and Norman Wisdom , Jeez. No wonder I turned to Deep Purple.  Rainie x