Well glad i young when i was.

• 36 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Thought i would watch some of  Glastonbury, well not sure what to say, not my cup of tea, but i  am no youngster.

To me just a bloody racket, but each to their own,

Bring back the good old days, regarding music, and decent songs that,last for ever.

Ellie x

• I was only kidding Rainie. I love all that shrieking and squawking. Not.

A wash, a haircut and a spell in the army woukd put things to rights for these vocally challenged idiots.

Sort the bones out of that!

• I totally agree with you

• Sorry, overdid my medication!

Best music I heard a week ago was the sounds of Bee Eaters. 

• Aw come on Ellie, you sound like my dad, he called it ya ya ya music! Look how many Beatles songs are easy to make out the words and are still around 50 years later. Paul McCartney at the age of 80 had the crowd in the palm of his hand and when we had shots of the crowd, everyone was smiling as they sang every single word. Over 100,000 people were deliriously happy and joyful, you have to agree. 

Like , I am not a fan of rap, can't make out the words though I admire their knowledge of the English language.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • I take it that last sentence was you being ironic???  Be glad you can't make out the words most of time as some I've heard are blatently filled with sexist, violent language that the world could well do without.  Rainie x

• I fully agree with you Rainie I know censorship is bad but some things should be stopped 

• It would be a gigantic step if censorship of bad language were to be introduced, I don't think that would ever happen here. Misogynistic and racist language is already covered by legislation thank goodness. 

Didn't mean to stir anything up or be controversial.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Bad language such as swearing doesn't really bother me - though if overdone it's a bore and just shows that there is a paucity of material, but I've heard some rap lyrics that express a terrible violent misogyny to women. I think a lot of these are from the US and maybe reflect the violent world these people operate in. You only have to read the news to see that there are a remarkable number of 'rappers' who end up shot dead. So rather a risky job.

No controversy tvman - just a sad fact of life.  Rainie x

• Come on, we sound like a lot of old F***s. Every generation decries the next few ones choice of music. Nothing would ever change otherwise, Imagine a world dominated by programmmes like "sing something simple" which I detested on a sunday every week. I can like some of current music , but not enjoy some others, but twas ever thus. As you say tvman, our parents decried ours and we no doubt resented them for it. I can share plenty of music from my generation with my kids, and that is great, and I can appreciate some of theirs as well as being left a bit cold by other stuff. But music has always been variable - there was plenty of rubbish in the 70s and 80s just as there is some less than good stuff now.  I watched Glalstonbury over the weekend and liked some stuff I had not heard before, and was less than impressed by some other stuff - thought Diana Ross was poor - maybe time to retire, whereas Paul McCartney was not bad for an 80 year old, although I have never been a great fan of his since Beatles.

Live and let live, as far as music goes, Yes I am not enamoured of the misogynistic lyrics of some rappers but there are plenty of other who are not. Stormzy is a revelation if you listen to some of his stuff - "By your grace" is a deeply religious song for example, and "Crown" is thoughtful. Shake off those prejudices, and give it a go, or at least leave the youngsters to their tastes even if we dont get it. Piety over Innocent

• TV Man Paul McCartney stole the whole show,   i stand by my first thread, 

Ellie x