Back on the ward again

• 42 replies
  • 51 subscribers

So after the radiotherapy they said issues could get worse before getting better so a bit of decline in leg performance was expected. New drugs took forever to get to me but I was able to start them on Monday. Today legs rubbish pain in back horrible, no urine output and raised temperature. So call the assessment line and called straight in.  
Had blood & urine tests, ECG,MRI and regular obs.  catheter installed and now feeling a lot better except the legs are still rubbish

they have doubled my steroid dose so I’m guessing sleep isn’t going to play a factor for a while 

anyway how’s your day been?

• That’s good to hear, I hope you had a good nights sleep x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Glad you are getting better a bit of a shock for you x

Ruth 

• So spoken to the dr and apparently my bloods were not fine despite being told repeatedly they were. Unfortunately one of the occasions I was told they were fine my wife and daughter were present. Wife is looking for heads to roll. Daughter is a fully trained sister, icu nurse and now work for blood services. She is furious and wants to know review everything.  Both are due to arrive about 2pm I may go into hiding for an hour 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• These things happen, let's get you sorted.  Let your nearest and dearest have a sort out, you sit back. 

• Aw Richard, I'm so sorry to hear that, my bloods change frequently, sometimes good sometimes bad and I'm told that it's possible to be good one day and not so good the next because I have bone marrow cancer. Of course I'm not saying that you have bone marrow cancer too but I'm interested, very interested. Hope your daughter keeps her cool and she can see the results from the lab herself! The hospital surely will allow her to see the results and things might be clear then. 

It's after 2 now so maybe they've had a look by now. Keep us posted Richard please. How are you feeling? What about the legs, do you have any feeling in them? 

Take care Richard

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Biggest issue was the fact they were doing a Ct head scan so wife and daughter left yesterday thinking all bloods fine urine test fine so my issue must be being caused by something that’s was going to show up on head scan. They panic all night only to find out it is actually blood results 

sister on ward has just made registrar come over and apologise lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Riachard, I'm just catching up with this horrible time you've been having. I do hope that things are calmer today and it's all starting to get sorted. Sending the biggest hugs. Rainie x

• In cases like that, I wonder why the sister on the ward didn't apologise also.

Hope you sleep well tonight Richard

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hello Richard. Sorry to hear you have had a bad time of it. I hope things settle down for you quickly and you that pain and discomfort improve. Hope you are able to rest OK.

Best wishes

Nigel

• The sister on the ward did apologise and it was her that contacted the consultant to own his mistake

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you