Back on the ward again

• 42 replies
  • 51 subscribers

So after the radiotherapy they said issues could get worse before getting better so a bit of decline in leg performance was expected. New drugs took forever to get to me but I was able to start them on Monday. Today legs rubbish pain in back horrible, no urine output and raised temperature. So call the assessment line and called straight in.  
Had blood & urine tests, ECG,MRI and regular obs.  catheter installed and now feeling a lot better except the legs are still rubbish

they have doubled my steroid dose so I’m guessing sleep isn’t going to play a factor for a while 

anyway how’s your day been?

• Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you are back in hospital but I suppose if they get you sorted out, it will have been worth it! Heavens, one day you are trying to reduce the steroids then soon after they are doubling them. It is hard enough to get any sleep in hospital, I hope you have an iPod with earplugs to shut out all the night noises!

Hope you get sorted out and get home soon! By the way, no one would EVER call you a fraud!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Aw Richard, so sorry to hear that you're back on the ward again. I'm afraid my day was much better and I hate to admit that.

I hope they find the medical equivalent of WD40 and they get those legs working again. From someone who is in a wheelchair I understand the legs situation more than most. I have to say though that it has given me a lot of independence and I can be thankful for that. And also reduced admission rates, doors being held open for me etc, etc.

Hope today brings you better fortune Richard.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • It one one those things, I know that’s where it’s going but I’m fighting hard to delay it, whilst shopping for mobility scooters and walking aids.  I still have good strength in my legs it’s sensation and coordination that’s going wrong.  Every time I put my best foot forward it actually goes left lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Oh no Richard I am so sorry to hear this. Glad you are more comfortable now though, and hope they have you sorted so you can be back home soon. Xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi i bought a mobility scooter last year and liked it very much, just a small one that comes apart easily for in the boot of a car, but didn't realize how bad some of our footpaths are,as scooter has no suspension alot of paths are ok just some knock hell out of you. 

One with suspension is a better ride, also bit more milage is handy just incase.apart from that, wouldn't be without one.extra scooter bags are very handy and good idea .I  managed to get a proper trailer saves loading up scooter but awkward around shops sometimes .

Good luck with hospital and looking for scooter .

Billy

• Thanks for the tips. The one I’m looking at is ultra light as my wife needs to to be able to put it in car. It does have suspension and a 30 mile range just need to find a local place that has one I can try. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear that you’re back in hospital again Richard. Hopefully you get sorted soon and back home, as relaxing and resting in hospital is impossible. 

• There is a good place to look if there is one near you (careco) we buy no end of things from them , good luck.

Billy 

Ps they do a catalogue .

• Sorry you are not feeling well. Good they can sort you out in the hospital 

hope the pain improves xx

Ruth 

• Your luck has to change for the better soon. I am unhappy for you at the way your treatment has panned out but you will get there.