Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• Oh! Hope I don't get that response. I'm on 20mg MST twice a day with 10mg Sevredol as an emergency top up, and that usually happens once a day, sometimes twice. I don't think that's a particularly high dose, is it?

Thanks tvman

• , I was on 130mg MST twice a day, also with Sevredol as needed. When I attended the Chronic Pain Clinic the doctor there said he would like me to try to get down a little which I did. At the next appointment he thanked me and asked if I could get down another little bit which I did and now I'm on 50mg twice daily and he thanked me again at the next appointment. He also asked if I managed ok which I did without any withdrawal symptoms. It's good to have a caring doctor like that. Mrs Tvman came with me to all appointments and was well impressed with his caring nature.

I have to see him again soon, and I have to report that my pain has gone from extreme to extremely extreme and sooner than it used to be. 

Take care and stay safe 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • So you'll be asking for an increase in MST?

You did really well in reducing the doa so much without withdrawal symptoms!

Cx

• No @Chr

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman and everyone. Well, I finally had about an hours sleep around 9am this morning. Just when others are getting up! I seem to get about two and a half hours sleep in bits and pieces during the night but the pain always wakens me. I think what happens is, I move in my sleep and it wakens me!

I hope everyone else managed a good sleep! Richard, did you eventually drop off?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I have a process at the moment, go to bed sleep 4 hours, wake with brain in overdrive, go play a game on my iPad that is quiet intense for about 40 mins this makes brain focus only on game, turn game off back to bed and try to get to sleep whilst is deciding what 3 million things to start thinking about lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Our lives are not always great are they.

We bought a posh bed that is like a double but has its own bedding and controls. So when I sqiuiddle about I don't interfere with her peaceful sleep.

Mind you when her MS is playing up, I don't get any sleep!

• Id like to join in the nightshift fun but prefer to sleep so thank you and goodnight.

• Hi Ted, To be honest, there's nothing I would like better than to be asleep right now but......

After I had a groin dissection which left me with nerve damage and shortly afterwards they discovered two tumours in that same thigh, so had more surgery. We bought twin beds that although are together, they have separate bedding and controls as when my husband moved in the double bed, I was in agony. They are terrific and mean I can have the back up a bit to sit up when reading etc and it doesn't disturb him. The other thing is that my leg & thigh are so sensitive, I can only use a 4.5 tog duvet cover, even in winter and he uses a 13 tog duvet. I know some people use separate rooms but I wouldn't like that!

I do hope everyone is asleep and there is no need for Richard to stand guard tonight! I will say good night to any on the night shift and good morning to anyone who has slept and wakened at a more sensible time!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Sorry , my reply to you was rather abrupt. I was on a day out with my daughter and my 2 grandchildren to an open farm on the outskirts of Belfast. My 5 year old grandson had a ball whereas my 11month old granddaughter screamed virtually the whole day long! She's teething and was frustrated because she couldn't get down and bumshuffle around for obvious reasons.

To answer your question I won't be asking for an increase because excruciating pain is the same, it just is delayed slightly, there's no medication to stop it other than something that leaves me unable to drive etc. 

It's just aftert 4.30am and the back pain has me awake. Last night it was the trapped nerve in my elbow that had me awake but I have been sleeping in a sitting position so my elbows don't rest on the mattress and pinch the ulnar nerve in both elbows. 

Ah well, perhaps the left elbow will be improved soon following the impending operation..

Take care and stay safe Christeenie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.