Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• I have 10 sleeps to go before I head off to the wilds of the west coast of the south island. 

My remedy for sleep after trying... exercise, er not keen unless it's walking the dog. Relaxation tapes, which just got on my goat, sorry whales singing. Anything with lavender just made me sneeze. 

So I resorted to zopiclone tablets which I'm pleased to report mostly work a treat. My GP was concerned that they may become addictive, but I told him I could handle being addicted to a good nights kip and anyway it wouldn't be forever... ha he cleared his throat and said, no I suppose not. Needless to say he wrote the prescription. 

• Yes definitely doesn’t always work the first time so you have to have another go xx

Ruth 

• I am replying to Annette and tv man it doesn’t seem to reply in the right order 

Ruth 

• When it takes you to the log in page you just have to log in and then it works ok takes you back to the reply xx

Ruth 

• Hi Annette 

I know you are aware of the perseverance to click on reply, we talked about it once. It must be infuriating to constantly try to log in. You have had that dilemma for some years now and although admin have worked hard behind the scenes, still you have a problem. 

It's especially worse because you have such a reassuring mind, so helpful to others. I read that you have taken the mantle of guard from Richard, again a creditworthy guard.  

I'd like to think you are having a long lie in Annette you deserve it.

Take care and stay safe Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Sorry you are having these problems logging in Annette xxx

Ruth 

• Humble apologies , I called you Kiwi girl in an earlier post. From someone who has had his surname spelt incorrectly hundreds of times over the years, that is unforgivable. Well, maybe not unforgivable but I should have checked.

The wilds of the west coast of the South Island sound like one of my favourite places Kiwi gal, may you have happiness there. 

Unfortunately my haematologist has told me that I mustn't go out of Europe and my wife will not entertain the thought of another continent so it will remain a dream. 

I share the same opinion as you regarding relaxation tapes/whales singing, doesn't work for me either. I can't get exercise walking the dog when I'm in control of my motorised scooter, the dog enjoys it though, as do the very few motorists I encounter in the minor country road, given their amusing smiles. I have to stick to my MacMillan exercise class on a Tuesday morning although I enjoy the craic with the other 10 or so enthusiasts over a tea or coffee later in the café. Very often they're the only contact with the outside world each week. I'm too open to infection, given my status as an extremely clinically vulnerable person.

Take care and stay safe Kiwi gal

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • You mentioned steroids there and I totally agree. I was up this morning at 2.30 necking custard creams like they were going out of fashion! I paid for it this morning with bad indigestion. 

I've asked my GP if they could prescribe a sleeping tablets, just for the nights I take steroids. I really hope they agree to it.

• I asked my GP for sleeping tablets once, just to get a full night's sleep. His response? "Ha!", and he carried on whatever it was he was doing. Mrs Tvman was there too and all she said was "told you so".  I was taking a very high dose of MST twice daily at the time though, perhaps that was why.

Take care and stay safe 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • All is forgiven tvman. I'll answer to anything except late for breakfast. Try taking a hip flask to those coffee mornings, that outta liven things up. Just don't get breathalysed on your scooter on the way home.