Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• Oh Annette  I'm so sorry to hear that you have been ill. Normally you'd move heaven and earth to give any of your grandchildren a birthday party. Happy to hear that you are much better today. As you say, it's nigh impossible to know when you have a bad day. 

I've just seen your post but better late than never? I hope tomorrow is a good day also. I wasn't so good today earlier but I'm a lot better now. Well, apart from just having watched Northern Ireland ladies losing 5-0 to England in a world cup qualifying match. Impossible not for them to qualify but at least they've qualified for the European championship finals even if they are the lowest rank team in them.

Take care and stay safe Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thanks for getting back to me Ruth. I get a 300mg bottle of Oramorph about every 6 weeks. So a 100mg bottle every month doesn't seem a lot. Well Scrabble online sounds interesting, I've not seen that. I've got the board game of Junior Scrabble, I play with the children, they love it and are getting better at it the more we play. I have lots of board games here for them.

I will take the Oramorph just before bed tonight and see how it goes!

Tvman, so sorry you had a bad day recently too. It's swings and roundabouts eh?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Tvman I'm afraid I flagged one of your comments when I was reading and scrolling just now. I'm sorry it seems so easy to do unintentionally.i hope pain doesn't wake you too much tonight. Constant pain is so draining I find 

• No worries , I do that frequently. I have many hundreds of finger jerks daily, caused by trapped spinal nerves that send messages too soon as well as flagging posts to the moderator. I always contact them by sending a short apology to community@macmillan.org.uk to save them the bother of scrutinising the post. 

Hope you're asleep by now though Elliekate and Annette too. I'm used to being woken up by pain in either my back or in either elbow in which I have trapped ulnar nerves. It's called cubital tunnel syndrome and believe it or not I have been waiting for over 4 years for an op to have it rerouted. The consultant asked me which elbow I'd like done first and I chose the left. I had a pre op assessment on Monday morning so looks like it's getting close. Hope I don't have to wait 4 years for the right elbow to be operated on! I have perfected the art of sleeping in an upright position, until I fall to either side. To the right, the rail that the nice OT lady supplied. To the left though I'm afraid I wake up Mrs Tvman when I topple over on top of her.  Sleeping upright is the only way to avoid the elbow pain but of course my back pain kicks in at some stage. 

I'll fall asleep soon I hope. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Been awake since 3am.  Now got a cup of tea and trying distraction tactics.  I'm not sure whether it's the body fighting the cancer or effects of ipi/nivo.  I'm on my 6 week break atm and start nivo monotherapy 4th May.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mmum

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you managed to get some sleep and feeling a bit better when you wake up Heart

You're going through so much. So proud of you!

Sending you lots of hugs!

Jess xx

• Let me know how it goes with the oramorph at night.

i am going to order more oramorph and ask if I can have it increased. I do take 30 mgs of zomorph twice a day as well xx

Ruth 

• I am pleased you have had the pr e op assessment let us know when the op is xxx

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I hope you slept well in the end with little to no pain xxx

Sending you love and hugs HeartYellow heartHeart

Jess xx

• GOOD MORNING NIGHT OWLS & those accross the world who are in daylight now!

Hi Ruth, Well, I have tried the oramorph last thing, before I goto bed and even lay down in anticipation of sleeping. However I lasted about 30 mins then my leg told memit was time to move! I was still awake at 6am after doing a large jigsaw and reading several chapters of my book. I lay down a few times..... in the hope of dropping off but that didnt happen until 6ish. Last night, I tried again but still not asleep and it is just past 5am.

Tell me something please people, instead of telling us a post was written 12, 16 or 20 hours, or just saying yesterday, am i correct in thinking it USED to let you know what timme it was posted? Or did my brain just make that up!!

I hope you get an increase to your meds and it does the trick for you. Please keep me posted what your doc says!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!