Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hii Annette, good morning! How are you feeling today? Hopefully really bright and well. 

Have a beautiful day xx

Hugs,

Jess xx

• Sorry the oramorph didn’t help you sleep. It does calm me as I can can get panicky.

i had a better night last night. It must be so hard for you. 

i also had a bad day yesterday and was near to tears not really knowing why and I have trouble swallowing the paracetamol.

i have tried ordering soluble paracetamol and more oramorph. I hope it happens ok otherwise after Easter I will have to talk to my palliative care doctor xxx

Ruth 

• I'm sorry you are going through the mill Ruth.

Talk to your team, I am sure they can provide some answers.

As for a tearful moment, we all recognise those, that always happens when things aren't going your way and you have too much to cope with.

You have always been kind to others, sit in the garden with Oliver and hubby and look forward to happy news. You will get through this. Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Hi Ruth I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday HeartYellow heart Hopefully today will be a much better day for you xx

Some days I get really upset as well. It's ok to be upset and not really know why Heart️ Sometimes I think emotions can just erupt. Sending you lots of hugs and love xxx

And I totally understand not being able to swallow sometimes that happens to me as well.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs Ruth xxx

Best wishes,

Jess xx

• Thank you Ted xx

Ruth 

• Thank you Jess xx

Ruth 

• FormerMember

I hope you're feeling a bit brighter Ruth xx HeartBlue heartPurple heartYellow heart

Lots of love and hugs,

Jess xx

• I had a better day yesterday and the weather has brightened up today which always makes me feel better.

hope you are OK today 

Ruth 

• FormerMember

Hii Ruth, I'm glad yesterday was better and hopefully today will be a fab day for you as well! I think the weather can really affect mood so I'm glad it's nice for you ^-^

I'm ok thanks. Had a sister talk with Laura this morning which was hard but feeling well thanks xx

Hugs,

Jess xx

• Hi everyone, 

I'm new here. I won't tell you how I got here - you can read that on my profile. Something not shared in my profile though is that I'm Australian living in the Scottish Highlands, and I thank God every day for our Scottish NHS. We've been living here coming up on 11 years in June and not had to use it save for occasional GP appointments and some prescription meds when needed. 

I just finished my first 12-week cycle of Palbociclib yesterday, had 1st progress CT scan last Wednesday, my 4-weekly blood tests next Tuesday and 1st post starting treatment appointment with my Oncologist next Wednesday morning where I'm hoping to receive good results. 

I'm 54yo, married over 30 years to the love of my life and we have a 13yo son. We have both lost our Mums to cancer, mine in 2007 to secondary breast cancer, my husband's to secondary ovarian cancer in 2004. More recently, we lost my Dad to complications following surgery for bowel cancer in May 2019, and his older brother 2 weeks later to secondary thyroid cancer. To say our families have been 'touched by cancer' is a gross understatement.

I'm now a Stage 4 breast cancer on bone patient, trying to make the best of the cards we've been dealt.

I only found this group last night. Thanks for accepting my request to join. 

Kathryn x Blue heart 

When you're going through hell, don't stop!