Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• Don't be selfish Richard, we all need reassurance at night that we are ok. I am not saying stay awake but a quick look around every 2 hours is not asking much.

I would do it but I really need my sleep, I am older than you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How is everyone today?

Sending you all lots of love. 

xx

• Doing ok so far, hope you are doing ok

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Remoh

Thank you so much! I'm ok.

Hope you're having a lovely evening.

Jess x

• Hi. all, I had a really bad day yesterday but pleased to report that today was much better. The trouble is we never know when these bad days are going to hit us, so you can't plan for them!

Hi Jess, It's good to see you posting! Glad to hear you are OK! Hope everyone else is too!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh Annette, i'm glad you're better today!!!! Sending you a big hug! Sun here and around 22 degrees...so good garden weather. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Aww sending you big hugs Annette XXX HeartHeartHeart

You're right the bad days just come out of nowhere and then sadly you've got to ride them out. I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better today!!

Hope today will be a much better day for us all xx

Jess xx

• Sorry you had a bad day Annette. I know what they is like hope you are feeling a bit better today.

i have had a bad day recently. I find taking oramorph for the breathlessness is helping and also calms me when I am panicking xxx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, Pet & Jesse, Thank you for your kind words and hugs, it was just what I needed. If I tell you I had to cancel our grandson coming here for dinner, maybe you will understand just how bad I felt! That is a first as I can usually rally for any of our grandchildren coming!

Ruth, I take Oramorph too but it doesn't seem to work to help me sleep. My GP game me it for breakthrough pain and said it should also help me sleep at night. I have tried taking it just before I go to bed, an hour before bed and various other times but I maybe doze for 30 minutes, then I waken in pain. I would be interested to know how long before you try to sleep, you take yours please? I have tried many different types of painkillers, sleeping tablets but nothing works. I have suggested to my husband he should buy a mallet!!
    I do try not to go onto my iPad, unless I'm doing jigsaws as once I come onto this site, I start to worry about how everyone is doing! My Kindle is great, I have read dozens and dozens of books to keep me going through the night!

However I have written to Admin about the problems signing on with my older iPad, I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hope you are feeling a bit better now Annette.

I have the oramorph for breakthrough pain but the breathlessness is worse night and morning on my walk with the dog. The morphine seems to calm me. I take it just before I go up to bed when I also take my paracetamol. I think it slows my breathing and definitely calms me because I can get bad thoughts at night.

i need about 10 mgs. I will have to order more now as they only send me one bottle a month of 100 mls 

I think jigsaws and books are good. I do a lot of jigsaws and scrabble on line 

love xxx

Ruth