Funeral Outfit / Arrangements

• 38 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Having a discussion with my wife today about what I want to wear as my last outfit and I just wondered if anyone else had done so.

the reason I had the discussion is my wife’s sister died and despite knowing she was dying for a fair while and saying she would leave instructions she never did. 

This meant my wife even 4 years later still goes back over all the things she arranged and wonders if her sister approved and did she make the right choice.

Have you told your loved ones the things you would like, not like and don’t care about so they will know they gave you what you wanted 

sorry to bring up the end of the journey but we all know it’s there 

• Hi tvman you could have one of them beautiful  basket made of willow (if it's can be used ) as your casket. X

• Hi Elle speaking of staying warm, I have a South African friend who said they put a blanket over you to keep you warm in your casket, might go with that. X

• Hi , I have gathered a few books from various sources like online or charity shops and I have stored some willow branches of various widths with the intention of learning how to make baskets etc. The only thing is, energy. I love to be outside working in my garden and that takes up a lot of energy. I WILL do it, I WILL. 

Thank you for your concern Moi2. Btw I'm not shouting at you lol, I'm trying to encourage myself to do it

Take care and stay safe Moi2

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Tv man you don't have to make it yourself you can buy one. Have a good day x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is the part I don't really want to think about but somehow I find myself thinking about it a lot. 

Tbh I hadn't thought much about this at all throughout my cancer journey but then when the doctor gave me the there's nothing else we can do and said 3-6 months possibly longer, that's when I started thinking about it.

I have since made some plans for my funeral. Sounds so weird saying that. Anyway, I've just gone for something basic really. Nothing special or over the top, simple service will do nicely. 

I own this beautiful dress. It's a Maxi v neck lace long dress, it is gorgeous and I got it specifically for my funeral. When that day comes that will be the first and last time it's worn. Will also have these super cute heels which match the dress. I have this gold locket which my mum gave to me, I almost thought of wearing that as well but then I thought actually that's something I'm going to give to my sister instead like mum gave to me. Means a part of me and mum will be with her. So that's clothing sorted.

Music is a tough one. I'm still deciding that one. I like so many songs it's hard to choose. I'll think of something... Eventually!

And dress code is whatever people want. I'm only going black with the dress as that's the only colour left. But everyone else can wear whatever they like. But it has to look awesome!

And flowers will be roses, my fav ones Rose

And that's pretty much it. I've said to my dad, step mum and sister and they know what I want so far to happen. I know they'll follow my wishes.

Best wishes,

Jess xx

• Jess, you have a lovely dress sorted, and i have new pyjamas, i like to be comfy.

Its a good thing we can think of things like this, though you should not be, at such  a young age.

Hope fully you have plenty of time, to think of Music,   i am well past my sell bye date as a lot of others here as well.

Right going to sort my Dinner, catch you later.

Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Hi Ellie, thank you I'm really pleased with it and I know I'll sleep soundly wearing that dress Heart️ Your pyjamas sound fabulous! I'm sure it will be a long long time before you need those though! Yellow heart

I'm sure I do have lots of time. I'm determined to keep going for years yet. Aw no you aren't, you still have a lot to give and enjoy with life. Positive thinking only! HeartRose

Enjoy your dinner Ellie Hugging I hope it's lovely for you.

Bestest wishes and hugs,

Jess xx

• Just a cheap funeral and ashes scattered in my local river. When im dead, i dont care what i look like. We all get there eventually.