Funeral Outfit / Arrangements

• 38 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Having a discussion with my wife today about what I want to wear as my last outfit and I just wondered if anyone else had done so.

the reason I had the discussion is my wife’s sister died and despite knowing she was dying for a fair while and saying she would leave instructions she never did. 

This meant my wife even 4 years later still goes back over all the things she arranged and wonders if her sister approved and did she make the right choice.

Have you told your loved ones the things you would like, not like and don’t care about so they will know they gave you what you wanted 

sorry to bring up the end of the journey but we all know it’s there 

• Never even thought about an outfit. I forgot you are our resident fashion icon, well, in the hair dept anyway.

Just sorted out couple of songs for the crem and that's me done. I think!

• Which items it is I don’t think it’s important for me it’s allowing those left behind to know I was happy with what they did so they don’t have to wonder about it in the future 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Ha!  I have thought about this, but despite an initial florish on the funeral service side, I have prioritised it much lower now.   

I have however, revised my will and under the funeral arrangements section, explicitly said that it is my wish that no one must wear black.  

• That’s exactly the sort of thing I’m on about the people left behind can do that all then always feel like they gave you exactly what you wanted

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• You are taking this too seriously Richard, after all its not a matter of life or death oops.!

• Ok, 

I have mentioned to my best friend on an occasion down the pub that I would like men to wear suits to my do. Women, their own choice.

I always wear a suit at a funeral and put on  an outrageous tie if that complies with the instructions to be less formal.

I think it is because I am on the old side so a bit old-fashioned.

But really I am happy for people to do what they want.I

I would still prefer to stay alive and you take me down the pub on your insurance winnings!

• Would love to do that lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Well  i have just had a little smile on my face.

After my hubby passed, i  was so cold in bed, i bought some warm pyjamas, which are so lovely cosy and warm.

I bought a new pair on Saturday, and told my Daughter only last night, that this is what i would like put on me, while in the chapel of rest as i will be asleep and want to stay cosy, have to say she did laugh,  but i did mean it,

I am a plain and simple type of person, and do not like a lot of fuss, So i am happy with my choice and also no flowers, just one single rose.that my hubby would have supplied if i had gone first.

I look forward for other people choice.

Take Care Ellie x

• Well Richard, I feel most comfortable with my gardening clothes on but I know if my wife were asked to get me kitted out in grubby clothes she would flatly refuse. So what's the point? I think if it were left to her then she would kit me out in whatever she likes to see me wearing which may be smart casual. 

To be honest I don't care.what I wear, the lid is not going to be open!

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • I agree with you tvman, I will not be around to worry about it and I think its what my family feel I should be in. Myself I would be in my comfy pyjamas and fat dressing gown.

Keith