Waiting for the pharmacy

• 12 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Why is it of all the news you get when in hospital the worst bit is always

you can go home soon we are JUST WAITING FOR THE PHARMACY.   or is it just me? 

after my last op I had 3 hours of waiting till I insisted they check what I was waiting for to be told nothing as it was a blank script sent because I didn’t need any new meds

• That's a corker Mr Remoh. The staff have to have some entertainment as well. That is also the reason they have loads of signs saying don't shout at us!

• I don’t shout at the staff ever, my daughter is a nurse she would kill me lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Last time I was in WP it took 5 hours to get the pharmacy stuff, and it was only antibiotics 

Sarah 

• I’m out I’m home I’m freee,  for now lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Oh Richard, I know exactly what you meant about waiting for the pharmacy, I think it is the same in every hospital! The past few times it has happened to me, I tell them "I will leave as soon as my husband gets here, then he will come back later or tomorrow for my drugs!"  It worked a treat but we do not have any distance to go to either our General Hospital or Cancer Hospital.

I'm so pleased you are home and hope you have a peaceful comfortable sleep in your own bed tonight and no one comes into your bedroom at stupid-o'clock to open the curtains!!! R&R is my prescription for you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • So pleased you are back home xx

Flippen
  • My favourite one for interrupted lep was after my biggest op. The came in at 4am I’d obs insisted on doing skin check so had to roll about whilst they checked for sores, then pain level questions , bp, temp etc. Then she says “try to get some sleep” I replied “I would like to refer you to what I was doing before you came in” 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Ha!  Tell me about it!  I was recently in A&E for 7 hours.  They recommended I attend to get something checked out - I thought I was going to a proper clinic with appointment system.  It was only once there I realised it was full blown A&E.   I popped out after 2 hours to move the car (I just came for an appt, right?)  and they asked me sign a "I am leaving against medical advice" slip.  

I was waiting for CT scan results to confirm no blood clots.   I was pretty certain at this point that I was there needlessly and the whole thing had been an unnecessary escalation.    The lady opposite went in for her CT scan 15 mins before me and had her results 2 hours ago.   By 9pm my patience was done so I put my coat on, went up the desk and told them I was leaving but could someone please take out my canula?   I reckoned my CT results could catch up with me in due course.  

They realised they had forgotten about me, in the midst of all the proper poorly people and the 5pm shift change.   The new shift doctor came immediately and gave me a verbal all clear - the CT scan results were in.  But I still had to sign another "I am leaving against medical advice" slips of paper.  Which is bollocks - they just mean they haven't completed the discharge process.  I decided it wasn't worth arguing the point.   

• It can be so annoying I have waited for hours in hospital pharmacies x

Ruth 

• 7 hours is so tiring I used to do do that with my elderly mum spend the day in A&E.

but to be forgotten is very annoying. 

we have been forgotten in a restaurant once when they they just said Oh I forgot to put in your order.

Ruth