What was your best pressie this year or the worst.

• 33 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Just to get  some insight into whether Father Christmas was good or Bad.

Ellie xx

• That's how things were, the man out getting a dinosaur for dinner, the woman cooking it and clearing up afterwards. It worked perfectly, why did things change? Oh, of course, the woman got jealous of the dinosaur catching, had a go, messed it up and that was that!

• The dinosaurs had died out by the time we came along. Pity, they would have made a better job of things I can't help thinking.  Rainie x

• Just shows you Norberry is living in the DARK AGE.

Ellie x

• Alright ladies, back to the hoover and dusters. It's been fun but nothing is getting done! 

• OK, feignights or whatever the word was. I give up, I am just an easy target because I'm not well!

• My best pressie was having my 3 grown up kids and 2 gorgeous grandsons with us all day & night! It was good to smell, taste and eat a little Christmas dinner too.

Not so great in the morning after all the prosecco thoughGrin

• Norbs, the ash is potash, good for flower and fruit development. Just got to always remember that it's wood ash ONLY.

Apparently the ash from a coal fire can contain trace elements of arsenic and metals such as cadmium, iron, lead, zinc, aluminium and so forth. So never use those ashes.

Take care and stay safe Norbs

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi, I have been trying to reply to this on and off for ages but the Reply box wouldn't appear!

Anyway, Ellie what an inspiring thing to do, I'm sure Tom is smiling! Sal, I think you've maybe stated the obvious as I'm sure anyone who spent Christmas with family would have that on top of the list. I thought Ellie meant presents! TVman, can you just imagine what would happen if a husband gave his wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas!! Lol! Norberry, I hope the TV in the bedroom doesn't take away all the romance!! Lol!! Oh Yes, I know you are not well! Lol!

The best present I got was an Amazon voucher so that I can buy Kindle books. I read a lot these days! The worst thing was a yearly supply of The Ramblers Magazine! I know I say I'm fine but I'd have thought the elbow crutches and wheelchair might have given a clue! Still it's the thought that counts!! I've passed it on to a friend and she's delighted!

When we moved into this house we had a Parkray Fire with a glass front and boiler at the back which ran on coal. My husband had to take the Ash-pan with red hot ash outside and tip it into a metal pail, then when it cooled it went in the bin. I was always afraid some would drop onto the carpet & start a fire! We changed it as soon as we could afford it for an insert fire and gas heating...magic!

Love to ALL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!