What was your best pressie this year or the worst.

• 33 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Just to get  some insight into whether Father Christmas was good or Bad.

Ellie xx

• New telly for bedroom. I get thrown out at 9pm most nights whilst wife watches horrible frightening dramas so need to watch Netflx rubbish on my own. Old telly failed to work after moving so present was called for.

• My best present was having my kids, husband and parents all together for Christmas xxx

Sarah 

• I am so shallow but forgive me because  I'm not well you know.

Norberry 

• Take a deep Breath and glass water

• I'm just a shameless virtue signaller Norberry! 

Sarah 

• Same here. The best thing was having the whole family together.

no parents alive though but all the children and my husband xxx 

Ruth 

• New telly sounds very good.

i bought myself a new jumper from my husband xx

Ruth 

• That is some thing i would do, and i did this year.

I bought myself a bracelet, and had it engraved.

On the outside it says

I will hold you in my heart and on the inside it says

until i hold you in heaven.

Its two years since i lost him.

He would e over the moon that i treated myself.

Ellie x

• Hi , I had the same idea to start a thread about Christmas pressies but I forgot all about it. Bad memory these days.

My wife gave me an unusual pressie that I would never have guessed. What was it? A vacuum cleaner Slight smile. Sounds strange, but I'll explain. About 5 years ago I had a wood burning boiler stove installed and I just love it and my wife knows that. We still have an oil burner for the central heating because it's so easy to flick the switch or to set for coming on.

At the same time I began to plant fast growing willow trees in the field opposite my house. Within 4 years I had planted 1500 trees that I intend to use for fuel. The downside of the boiler stove is that the ash needs emptied every morning as well as cleaning the glass. Neither worries me at all. Before Christmas I emptied the ash into a metal box but now I have this little circular vacuum cleaner that sucks all the ash up in a minute or two.

The ash doesn't go to waste,. I put it on my vegetable beds and I also spread it around the base of fruit trees and bushes because it's good for fruiting. 

It's the most useful pressie that she has given me for a long time, and at least it's one vacuum cleaner in the house that I know how to start!!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.