We're thinking of you Stuart

• 41 replies
  • 53 subscribers

I might have missed a post - if so sorry - but found myself thinking about Stuart and hoping he was managing OK. So thought I'd just create a little post where we can all shout out for him. Big hugs Stuart. Lots of love to you.  Rainie x

• I have been wondering too, as I know he should have been back from the cruise a week or two ago. Really hoping you ok if you are reading this Stuart.

x

• Thanks Rainie, I am still here, trying to keep up when I can. 

We got back from our Fjords cruise last Thursday. It all turned into a bit of a trial for me to be honest. It was probably about 3 months too late as I found it exhausting. I had a touch of gastroenteritis early on and the ship's doctor called an ambulance to get me off the ship. Luckily the paramedic was pragmatic and understood that my cancer symptoms (low blood oxygen, high pulse rate) were to be expected. So he refused to take me to hospital. After that though, my confidence was shattered and I was watching everything I ate and every excursion I went on. Still, we got to the North Cape and saw some beautiful Fjords. 

We still have guests at home - my Father and his wife from Australia. They're going next Wednesday. The kids are coming for a week next Monday. Debbie and I just need a break from it now. 

Health wise I am a lot weaker. My legs have pretty much gone. We have arranged a motibility scooter which will help a lot. Hopefully that will be delivered next week. My car will be sold or scrapped at the same time though. A weird sensation to be honest. 

Luckily my breathing seems to be staying stable for now, and I am relatively pain free. Always very tired though.

I will try to chip in more here now, I really appreciate your concern, thank you.

Much love to everyone.

Stuart x 

• At the North Cape, it was bloody freezing Laughing

• You've been making some lovely memories though. But now time for feet up and rest and relaxation. The motability scooter will help I'm sure. Will surely feel a bit strange after a big car, but your confidence will soon return. All the very best and load up on those treats, tum permitting.  Rainie x

• Hi Stuart,

Have been on a few discussions you were posting in so know the name. Really glad you and Debbie had a good holiday to the Fjords minus the gastroenteritis and fatigue of course. Hope things are easier on you in the future.

Take care, Tom.

• It's a shame that you were poorly, but thank goodness  for pragmatic paramedics! I am glad that you still managed  to get some enjoyment  from your holiday.

It does sound  as if you are really busy with visitors at the moment so no wonder you are tired. It is lovely  having  visitors,  but even if you aren't  having to run around looking  after them it is tiring.

It is nice to see pictures and good to hear from you x

Sarah 

• What a I lovely experience to see the fjords. I went once and it is a nice thing to ihave done.

sorry you were unwell though and it is all so tiring for us.

I had to give up my car because of my eyes and it is hard losing that bit of independence. A mobility scooter sounds a good idea for you.

Dont tire yourself too much guests can be tiring 

we have my daughters dogs for the weekend. 2 dachunds that yap and run around a lot but very sweet. I will have my hands full xx

Ruth 

• Thanks Ruth. Our daughter brings her two daschunds with her. They are so noisy, our two pugs never know what to make of it. 

Stuart x 

• A bit of a mixed bag Stuart but glad you managed ok. I bet you're looking forward to a little rest now.

All the best. xx

• Rascals, my grand-dogs xxx