COVID BOOSTER & FLU JAG!

• 57 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I wonder what, if any side effects anyone has had after one or both of these injections!

As my husband works part time for the NHS, he had his just over two weeks ago. He had both, in the same arm. The next day he had a huge lump on his arm, headaches and the chives. I had both yesterday (Sun) & had one on each arm. Today I have a terrible headache, dizziness, nausea and sore joints. Funny thing is, I had the booster on my left arm and it has been fine. The flu jag on my right arm has made the arm painful from the jag site to my hand. 

I was wondering has anyone else had any problems and could you tell me what they are please! I'm wondering if my right arm is sore because I have been having problems with  anyway. However I have never had any reaction before with e flu jag which is why I thought it would be OK to get it in this arm! 

Hope this finds everyone as good as they can be.  Oh I hate the dark nights but love the Autumn colours!

• Hi Ruth,

I had the Astra Zeneca for the first two jabs and no side effects whatsover. I am a bit concerned about having a different one this time round. But as my immune system isn't up to much with no spleen then I don't think I'm getting much of an immune response at all. I'm going to ask for a test for that so I can see if it's any use to me at all. As for the flu jab the last one I had was when I had a spleen, so I have to make sure that whatever one I get hasn't any live vaccine in it as it could overwhelm me. My parents used to have the flu jab annually and every year like clockwork they spent the following two weeks in bed with FLU !!  Hope it all works out for everyone.  Rainie x

• We have always had the flu jab. But only got flu when year the year they didn’t cover all the strains .

Ruth 

• Hi Rainie, I would have thought that we, with compromised immune systems, would definitely be better having the vaccine, rather than try to fight the virus. Maybe it is different if you have no spleen. What does your GP and Oncologist advise?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Patricia, Yes it feels good to help people when they need it. I think this group should try to remember that IF they need to ask for help because we all know if someone asked us, we would help, no questions asked but we tend not to like 'asking' for help. Then we are stopping others from feeling good knowing they are helping. If that makes sense!!

I hope your dad is soon feeling better enough to get discharged and you can help nurse him at home!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • HI

I have now had my flu jab and "3rd dose" - Pfizer this time.  I had no issues with the AZ but did feel unwell with the Pfizer.  The clinic nurse asked me if I knew the difference between the booster and 3rd dose and told me that healthy people are having a booster but those with issues were being given a 3rd dose with the intention is that I would be called for a 4th in April.  Has anyone else been told the same?

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • No.

we were just told we were having the booster and had Pfizer instead of the AstraZeneca we had before.

Ruth 

• Hi Annette, My GP said to have the lot, but I know that there is a flu jab that is live attenuated and I shouldn't have that one. Going to do a bit more research as to what they might be turning up with. Getting it wrong wouldn't be very clever. Going to ask my surgeon I think as he took the spleen out. Thanks. Hope all Ok with you.  Rainie x

• Hi Deb1E, I had my first 2 jabs as part of a study at my hospital, extra blood tests to check on how immunity was building up etc and extra question aires to describe symptoms for the first 10 days after the jabs. 

They phoned me about the next jab and blood tests but together we felt I should declining keeping in the trial due to surgery I was about to have and a delay to my 3rd jab due to it and needing to get the timing right between surgery and starting some different target therapy drugs. 

Id already had a letter telling me to contact my go or oncologist re the best timing for me and that I couldn’t book on line anymore, and then after speaking to the hospital I got a letter to tell me where I could go for a jab and the 3rd jab 4th jab info you have been talking about. 

I had Pfizer for all 3 of mine, and I had flu jabs separately. 1st jab Slight arm ache and headache, 2nd jab no side effects, nothing, 3rd jab arm has ached for a few days, but nothing else. 

As Im younger than the people who are being vaccinated due to age only, there seemed to have been hoops to go through  when presenting myself in the queue, luckily I took my hospital letter with me explaining I was either in the extremely vulnerable group previously or was continuing to be in that group, vague ?? But saying that I was entitled to the third jab now. I also took my previous card which had my jab dates on them and got issued a new one for jab 3 and 4. Now that they have in England opened up booking on line to a month ahead, they seem to have reduced where you can do walk ins, luckily I’m now set til April. 

Take care KT

• I've had a third 'primary' dose (Pfizer after two astra zeneca) and have been told I'll get a booster in 6 months 

Sarah 

• Reply. Yes I was told it was to be a 3rd jab as part of the primary dose. With a possible booster in September.  I had already had the 3rd jab at work and today I got a letter from my cancer service to say I should have it the week before my immunotherapy.  Oops I had it a couple of days after my immunotherapy and had flu jab in other arm.