COVID BOOSTER & FLU JAG!

• 57 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I wonder what, if any side effects anyone has had after one or both of these injections!

As my husband works part time for the NHS, he had his just over two weeks ago. He had both, in the same arm. The next day he had a huge lump on his arm, headaches and the chives. I had both yesterday (Sun) & had one on each arm. Today I have a terrible headache, dizziness, nausea and sore joints. Funny thing is, I had the booster on my left arm and it has been fine. The flu jag on my right arm has made the arm painful from the jag site to my hand. 

I was wondering has anyone else had any problems and could you tell me what they are please! I'm wondering if my right arm is sore because I have been having problems with  anyway. However I have never had any reaction before with e flu jag which is why I thought it would be OK to get it in this arm! 

Hope this finds everyone as good as they can be.  Oh I hate the dark nights but love the Autumn colours!

• Not a Bette Midler fan then? Divine ms m stuck as anickname since thenRofl im sylviaBlush

like you i find these dark nights depressing -1 at mo. Just back from 1st of a new treatment andk ackered so off tobed!

• My third was Pfizer after two Astra Zeneca which gave me mild headaches, I had barely any reaction to the Pfizer, just a slightly achy arms for about 36 hours. I didn't book the third, I'd had a letter advising me to go to a specific walk-in centre for it. It all went smoothly and I'm told I'll  be eligible for a booster in 6 months. My gp gave me the flu jab two weeks later when I was seeing her for another issue. I  had no reaction to that at all.

I'm not loving the short days, but the autumn colour is fabulous 

Sarah 

• Sorry you have had such hassle getting the booster. It does seem to work going to the walk in centres. We got ours yesterday . I booked by ringing the GP practice.

it was fine the paperwork they gave us said you will have 2 jabs. They said to ignore it as we had come for the booster. You are right it is not as organised this time but we got it ok no ill effects just a bit of a sore arm x

Ruth 

• Hi Maya

just to reasuure you that you may have gotten a false impression from the few replies that have mentioned problems with the jabs.

I had my third covid vaccine (pfizer) last Saturday (left arm)  and 10 mins later the flu jab (right ram).  A little sore in the left arm for a couple of days.

Otherwise no problem.

I am a member of another health forum for a non-cancer related condition and there have been quite a few mentions of the jabs on there.  The majority of folks apparently have no problem.

• Hi Chelle, I'm sure Manjus is right about the majority of people having no problems with their jags. However it does seem that when you have underlying problems you may have some sort of reaction to them. However these are an inconvenience for a short time and should not put anyone off of getting their jags plus booster. It would be much worse if you took the virus or the flu, so better safe than sorry.

I was just interested in how many people "in this group" got on!

Ownedbystaffies, I hope by now, you have managed to get something sorted out!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette you are right, and have put my mind at ease about having the booster today. It is better to feel run down for a couple of days after than have the virus itself. Especially as my cancer is in my lungs, it’s scares me stiff of the thought of getting covid. My daughter works in a dentists, and one of the patients phoned to say they had tested positive on Thursday after visiting them the day before. It has made both myself and my daughter very anxious. She has already had her booster so should be fine, but it is worrying, the numbers are on the rise again. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Yes COVID is worrying and we should get all the protection we can. I had no ill effects from the booster but my husband who doesn’t have cancer has had 2 days of feeling shivery and headaches like he has the flu. I told him it means his immune system is working well against the virus x

Ruth 

• Hi Chelle, I take it your daughter wears a mask when working, so should be fine. Did she get tested anyway?

Yes, the numbers don't seem to be getting any better but it seems they are just being ignored this time. I wonder if it is because a lot of people have now had their 1st, 2nd & lots now have had the booster!

Ruth, my husband had the shivers and a sore arm for a few days and acted like most men (company on here not included!) when they don't feel very well and acted like a five year old! However it made a change, me taking him hot water bottles, hot drinks etc instead of him running after me, so I 'pandered' to his needs with pleasure!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Annette,

I am visiting my folks and helping out as my dad is recovering from heart surgery, still in the hospital. It has been kind of refreshing being on the other side of things this time! And it is good to know (and be able to tell him) that just because he feels bad and debilitated now, doesn't mean he won't improve and get back to normal. Feels good to be of use.

Patricia

• Yes my husband was exactly the same. Needed sympathy and for me to run round after him. 
    I was happy to do it as he does so much for me.

he seems to be better today the paracetamol helped x

Ruth