Radiotherapy

• 72 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I had the conversation with my oncologist and will start the 5 doses of treatment as soon as I can get a MRI?

There is a wait time for the MRI then I will start in 2-3 weeks.

I did feel emotional  after the conversation. My oncologist  agreed to prescribe some lorazepam to help me cope with the MRI and planning for the mask etc. I do know what it is like as I had 33 doses 10 years ago. He offered me another 33 doses which I said I didn’t want, these 5 doses are palliative to help with the headaches and slow things down . He also said my lungs are getting progressively worse. He thinks now that I have some months left but the radiotherapy will not extend my life.xx

• You have been a trouper Ruth. Please get the last bit under your belt and you can then look forward to Xmas with your family. Take as much tablet help as you need, no one will deny you that.

Whole pile of good wishes to you. Xxx

• Well done Ruth, you should be really proud of yourself for getting through this. Cheering you on for the last one tomorrow. Huge celebrations all round when it is done xxx

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • You can do it Ruth! I did get very tired a week after RT. But if it helps...hope you will feel better soon. Pet

• Oh Ruth, so sorry to hear that you weren't well yesterday, and anxiety thrown into the mix also must have been horrible. 

I really hope that you don't have have any of the same today and you can walk out feeling proud of yourself that you have finished this course with dignity.

My wife and I are in Peterborough this week to see our daughter and family. It's so good to be with them again and we know that we'll be back just before Christmas again. Seeing my 5½ month old granddaughter smile every time she sees my face is so heartwarming and the best thing ever.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I hope it went OK Ruth and you are back home resting with a cup of tea. It's an awful business but I am sure it will be successful. Xxx

• Thank you all for the support. It went better today and I was so pleased it was the last time. It was still tough but I coped with it . My husband bought  me some flowers which is something he doesn’t normally do .

I have not been feeling so sick and drinking plenty of juice . The extra 1/2 tablet helped me cope . Now I can just relax at home and sleep as I am tired xx

Ruth 

• Well done Ruth so pleased treatment went better for you today nothing worse feeling sick how romantic your husband buying you flowers xxxx

Flippen
  • You are a very strong person Ruth, everyone knows that. Flowers eh, he should keep that up. Tea in bed in the morning as well I hope! Just brilliant news. Xx

• Well done Ruth, I am so glad it is all finished now. You deserve the flowers Bouquet  Xxxx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge