Radiotherapy

• 72 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I had the conversation with my oncologist and will start the 5 doses of treatment as soon as I can get a MRI?

There is a wait time for the MRI then I will start in 2-3 weeks.

I did feel emotional  after the conversation. My oncologist  agreed to prescribe some lorazepam to help me cope with the MRI and planning for the mask etc. I do know what it is like as I had 33 doses 10 years ago. He offered me another 33 doses which I said I didn’t want, these 5 doses are palliative to help with the headaches and slow things down . He also said my lungs are getting progressively worse. He thinks now that I have some months left but the radiotherapy will not extend my life.xx

• Yes I walked out ok today thinking of your words.

lovely for you to be seeing your grandchild and family

Ruth 

• Oh Ruth, I'm so glad it's all over and today went better for you. It may have been tough but you were tougher and rose above it. I'm privileged to call you as one of my friends. 

Let's hope you have a really nice long sleep tonight, you deserve it. I'm enjoying my time with my daughter and family, I've not been as relaxed for ages. It's so good to be here.

Take care Ruth and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Well done Ruth, lots of rest now. xx

• Hi Ruth 

Well done today , get  some rest and then you will feel a lot better glad uts all over for now 

Take care 

Jjmbobs

• Hi Ruth, I knew you'd make it, like everything they have thrown at you, you've taken it in your stride! You now deserve a rest and the best ever Christmas yet with your family! We are so proud of you!

Tvman, Now why wouldn't your granddaughter smile when she sees that face of yours!! Just kidding my friend! It's great to hear how relaxed you feel spending time with your family and grandchildren! I think it is the best medicine and money can't buy it!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Congratulations Ruth for getting through it! I am sure it will help with the symptoms, so glad you were able to get through it.

Patricia

• Thank you all for the kind messages and helping me through it .

I am so much happier now it is over 

love to you all xxx

Ruth 

• Hi Annette 

You got it in one! Of course she's going to smile at my face Slight smile, every time!

It's great to see your name in a text again Annette. I'll drop you a line soon, now that I'm on my holiday, sort of! Are you still having connection trouble?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman, It's not the connection that's the trouble this time but sometimes when I click to reply on a post, my username appears but no box to write a message in appears.

I have been having problems with my shoulder and arm (right) for a while now and it gets quite painful when typing on the iPad etc., it is even stopping me enjoying my online jigsaws! However I'm still here to see our grandchildren dress up for Halloween, which is fantastic.

You just enjoy your well deserved holiday with your family!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • That happens to me as well. I always have to click on cancel then on reply again to get the box up.

sorry the pain in your shoulder is worse. I also do on line jigsaws every day.

Enjoy seeing the grandchildren dressed up for Halloween xxx

Ruth