Radiotherapy

• 72 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I had the conversation with my oncologist and will start the 5 doses of treatment as soon as I can get a MRI?

There is a wait time for the MRI then I will start in 2-3 weeks.

I did feel emotional  after the conversation. My oncologist  agreed to prescribe some lorazepam to help me cope with the MRI and planning for the mask etc. I do know what it is like as I had 33 doses 10 years ago. He offered me another 33 doses which I said I didn’t want, these 5 doses are palliative to help with the headaches and slow things down . He also said my lungs are getting progressively worse. He thinks now that I have some months left but the radiotherapy will not extend my life.xx

• Have a lovely Golden Wedding celebration. Amazing. Rainie x

• The first MRI I had was in quite a small machine and the mistake I made was opening my eyes to see what was going on - the roof of it was about 2inches from my face: instant claustrophobia. After that I went in singing every song by Rogers & Hammerstein that I could get through. I found South Pacific was the best. Apparently the radiographers enjoyed it.  Rainie x

• Oh I so know what you mean!!!!!! the 2inches from your face!!!! and I had a migraine on top of all that and the knocking which added to the migraine they did try to block the noise out with the headphones but guess what the track was that was playing do you think I am sexy by rod Stewart I mean I ask you!!! but the staff as usual were brilliant with me it took three goes to complete that first scan i now wear these deluxe eye coverings that if you need to you can pull down to cover your whole face but I think you singing has made me laugh I might even give it a go myself!!!!xxxxxx

Flippen
  • totally get that opened my eyes once, instant panic. now its eyes closed before i go in and they stay closed til i get out. I just dream of my happy place, a white sandy beach with a cocktail in the sun

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Thanks EVERYONE for your best wishes, I really appreciate them. We have had a lovely day and finished it off with a delicious meal in one of our favourite places. Although it  has been raining, off and on most of the day, it didn't matter! It is who you are with that matters!

Yes Ruth, some of the MRI machines are a bit bigger these days and they are meant to be a bit less noisy but I still couldn't do without my CD! Good luck for Sunday, pop your pill and you'll be fine!!

Thanks again all! We still can't believe I made it!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Glad you had a lovely day and meal.

these things need to be celebrated.

pit was lovely to have my son staying this weekend. He says he has found a new girlfriend I hope this one works out for him x

Ruth 

• Hi, This is the third time I've tried to reply! That's great your son has a new girlfriend, when do you get to meet her?!! Did your daughter also visit at the weekend?

We have had a lovely few days here, this afternoon we went to House of Bruar for afternoon tea and then went to the Pitlochry Dam & Salmon ladder where you can see salmon swimming upstream! The sun was out and it was a perfect day!

Love Annette x

• This is the photo I took with my mobile from the top of the Dam!

Love Annette x

• Yes my daughter came to see me when my husband and Tom went to a concert.

not at all sure when we will meet her.

lovely to be outdoors and see water and fish on a lovely day. We seem to have several days of rain here.x

Ruth 

• Lovely photo.

I had a bad day today felt sick all morning and very anxious. It was the last but one radiotherapy session. I was in tears when I walked out of the department .

so glad it is the last one tomorrow. I am going to take an extra 1/2 tablet of the lorazepam tomorrow.After this I don’t thinkI will  agree to go through more radiotherapy ever 

Ruth