Starting Radiotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi Everyone 

am starting radiotherapy this Friday on my brain now, has anyone got any tips for me that I could use to help with side effect,am so scared about it..l know I have to fight to stay here but I just feel like I don’t know how am feeling  when talking to my children l cry my husband l cry and my friend I cry I just can’t stop crying am all over the place. So am going to sorry now if I come on here and ramble on about nothing at all.

Thanks 

Belinda 

xxxxx

• Oh Belinda, I'm so sorry I haven't any tips for you but I can give you lots and lots of support that I hope is good for you.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Belinda,

Sorry to hear that you're struggling, try to keep your chin up.

I haven't had radiotherapy on my brain, but I had five doses on my chest recently and I didn't really notice any side effects at all. Certainly compared to chemo it was a breeze. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

Stuart x 

• We all cry Free 12, sometimes occasionally, sometimes to tap gets stuck wide open. It is definitely better out than in and sometimes makes you feel a bit better.

I have had RT but not to my brain. As Galilee says, chemo is a bugger in comparison. Keep rambling on here, people want to know and understand what you are going through so as they can offer help and support if they can, 

Will be thinking of you Friday. Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

The one thing that scares me more is my short term memory loss and it could be permanently. What if I can’t remember my grandson telling me he loves me or my granddaughters first word that’s what hurting the most 

Thanks

Belinda xxx

• Pet 68 is in Australia but she does post now and again, she had RT to the brain years ago and is fit as a fiddle. You may have seen posts by SiT, he had loads very recently and came out of the other side memory intact.

Let's see how it goes before you drive yourself mad worrying. Easy to say I know but you need to save your strength to help recover. Get in there Friday and give that cancer a good bashing!

• FormerMember

Hi 

I know but RT is not going to prolong my life so I have been told it’s just to help with my symptoms but am going in fighting am not giving up as I want to see my grandchildren grow up that is my goal 

thanks 

Belinda xxx

• Last post Free 12 before you get fed up with me.

Loads of us on here have been told make the most of our last few months. We are still here and intend to be for a long time yet. Like you we cannot afford to let this imposter to interfere with our plans, bugger it and all its mates!

• Hope I didn't offend you Belinda, I want to see you posting pics of your grandkids for a longtime yet.

I'm always in trouble on here, forgive me if I spoke out of turn.

• FormerMember

Hi Norberry

no you have not offended me at all if you had I would have told you so..my. Husband keeps telling me to pull my neck in when someone says anything that upsets me cos it’s not like me to be so nasty, they should think before they open their mouths 

thanks 

Belinda xxxx

• Hi Belinda, I've tried to reply several times but the text box didn't appear!!

Norberry is right, a lot of us have passed our sell by dates given by the Experts, so please don't dwell on the negatives, although it is not easy! Save all your energy for the important things, like seeing your grandchildren! I think your emotions are running high at the minute and you are probably taking everything said by everyone personally. Your husband is right, just try to let it go!   Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!