It’s me

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi Everyone 

I would like to give you all the update from the hospital appointment today, it’s not good news ,it was not 2 lesions on the brain it was quite a few so they have Said. I can have radiotherapy for the symptoms but would not prolong my life so I have a choice to make to have radiotherapy or not,it’s like am dammed  if I don’t and dammed if I do at the moment I don’t know what to do for the best ..l feel so lone with my thoughts I just don’t know anymore what to do, I know I have the support from my family and friends I know that they are trying to say the right things for me but I know it’s killing them in side and I can’t help them like a mum should do plus I can’t stop crying not because of the cancer it’s for my kids and grandchildren and husband..

Thank you all for listening to rant on 

Free12 (Belinda)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Everyone 

me again on a happier note my daughter has moved my granddaughters christening from August to July and am going no matter what I will be there for it plus she wants to have a portrait of me and my grandchildren done before it’s to late for me to have it done which I am looking forward to having done with them as they are my world and the love I have for them is unreal 

Belinda xxxx

• Hi Belinda, Just thought I'd say, if you get her on Monday be very assertive and don't take no for an answer. If need be, tell her you will report her as it is your GP who is responsible for your care, not her. However start off being very nice to her and see what happens!

I understand what you are saying about your grandchildren, I just love mine to bits and would do anything to see them grow up! Although I must say, I have been so very lucky so far. My problems are due to the treatment, not the cancer but my life has changed from one extreme to another. I was diagnosed when we had 1 granddaughter, now we have 2 granddaughters and 1 grandson. It is amazing how you can smile through the pain when they are around! I will be doing that later today! It is a special day for our eldest granddaughter (9) who's 1st Holy Communion is later today! Because of restrictions only her mum, dad and sister are allowed in church but my husband and I will be outside when they arrive and leave. We are having a family get together in our daughter's garden in the afternoon. As usual, I am not sleeping because of pain and whether I get some sleep or not, I will be there the proudest smiling Gran!

Once our third grandchild was born, we got family portraits done and they hang in our bedroom. We have had them repeated twice since then but I still keep that first one in a frame on the wall because in the other two, I look 15 years older although the last one was just 3 years ago. You get that portrait done ASAP and if you put it on your wall, you will, like me, see them last thing when you go to bed, and when you get up every morning you see their smiling faces! It does your heart good!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh Belinda that's fantastic, what a sensible and caring thing to do. I have an unreal love for my daughter and her children as well.

My phone rang yesterday, it was my daughter and when I answered, there in front of me was my two day old granddaughter taking up the whole screen lying there with her eyes open. 

My daughter rang my wife and me on video because little Lucy had her eyes open instead of shut as she does a lot of sleeping! 

Take care Belinda

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • What a lovely bit of news to perk you up. I am sure you have plenty more good news where that's come from. Xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman

i know I could not believe that my daughter would do that for me so quick I thought it would be longer but was not.. I am going to have my grandson next weekend for the night as my husband will be here as well which I good. I would to have my granddaughter but I know I would not have the strength to look after her for the night as she has just turned 1..but my daughter brings her round after she finishes work for hour it hurts but I know it’s for the best..

Thanks

Belinda xxx

• How lovely of your daughter Belinda, it will be lovely to have photos of you together with your grandchildren.

Good luck with your phone call, just remember that your need is urgent and say so, it is hard to be assertive when you have difficult choices to make.

Best wishes 

Sarah