Reality check take 2

• 72 replies
  • 53 subscribers

My OH went back to work on Mon, a week later than planned but we certainly needed that extra week.

My sister was here all day yesterday, we had a jaunt out & I persuaded her to go home & let me have an hour on my own.

I decided to try propelling myself in the light weight wheelchair because my legs had completely given up. 
Mission accomplished, I launched myself out of the chair, whacked my head & elbow, right leg buckled underneath me & chair on top.

Couldn’t  get up but got a bit more comfortable & that’s where my OH found me. I had my phone & knew he’d be home very soon so 20 mins later, but in floods of tears & very, very shocked. Morphine & an early night helped, but still feel a bit shocked, battered & bruised. I’ve discovered that part of being independent is knowing your limitations.

What was I thinking of???? Luckily OH was very understanding. Have had a really quiet day with our youngest son who’s been working from here all day Blush xxx

• Hi I was writing a reply the other day and a box appeared on my screen that if I was in danger to contact someone. It seems I had used two trigger words that caused this box to appear! It seemed crazy. I just thought I'd let you know you are not àlone!!! I think illegal was your trigger word maybe. Mine was devastated, I think but couldn't find the second trigger word! Are we not all adults here, or what!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Tinalay,

I've just read your update, it is a shame you are having to spend your energy fielding those with too much. I'm so glad you're strong enough to say no to them and to the being used as a pin cushion.

Best of luck with getting a good balance of pain medication, and enjoy your lovely Australian BBQ

Love and hugs to you and your understanding sons and husband. X

Sarah 

• Sorry about your pain and interfering friend. Life can be difficult especially when you want to be left alone. 

you can still look forward to. The good things hope the BBQ goes well 

Ruth 

• Sensible to move to a smaller house and something to look forward to 

Ruth 

• Hi Annette 

I couldn't believe what I was reading! What a friend, was she on drink or drugs? I'd guess she is consigned to the history of friends that were. 

I've had that message too because of some trigger words and in some of those occasions, I hadn't a clue why the message had appeared. I look at it as if just one person is needing help and receives help, then job done. 

The first time it happened to me I was surprised and upset, what was it that I said? My worst fear was that I had upset someone with what I had said. I contacted the team and I was reassured that I hadn't upset anyone with my message. I have had the same worrying message a few times since, but now I just deal with it to get it removed and carry on. 

It's a shock Annette, I hope you don't get it ever again. You are the last person I would expect to offend anyone, I know you too well Slight smile

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi TVman, Believe it or not that friend is still a friend, probably because I apologised to her as I knew she meant well but sometimes people are like Bulls in China shops and just don't think! In saying that, she still tries to run my life sometimes, so I have to remind her to take care of herself!

of course you are right! I would never knowingly offend anyone, it would really upset me even if I did it unwittingly!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • So glad you were able to sort it out.  It must have been hard for your husband - he probably didn’t want to upset you by telling her to back off and also he probably didn’t know whether you actually wanted her help or not.  She was probably following her nature and nurture personality and couldn’t help herself- still you kept her as a friend, did what was right for you and your husband and thankfully got what you wanted.  Keep on going Annette xxxx

I woke up this morning - result!!

• My Very Bossy Friend came today & within 10 minutes I thought I was going to spontaneously combust. The fussing is probably for her own benefit but she put my mask on me, tried to take my lunch & cut it up & even tried to micro manage the taxi driver....we survived with lots of teasing from me & being very firm. xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Put your mask on and tried to cut up your dinner, spectacularly priceless.  Tina, your suffering is giving us a lot to laugh about! Bloody hell.

• wow...i'm a bit lost for words...i know they want to help but...good you did stay firm...