Sarcoma diagnosis

• 16 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi

I was referred a year ago, 2ww, sarcoma in lower leg

Fast forward - no treatment just palliative radiotherapy in July/august. Now just 3 monthly scans. I asked for prognosis in December as it had spread to lungs months ago. 6 months- 2 years. I accepted my lot ages ago and that there’s no cure.

The most frustrating thing is bl@@dy Covid. ! I am able to walk daily and have just retiled bathroom floor etc- just to pass time. I have a bucket list but the clocks ticking. I feel like grabbing my passport and to hell with it while I still can

Have results for last scan next week so it’s the loooong wait at  mo

Does anyone else feel like breaking Covid rules ?

• I follow the guidelines but I may have more time than other poor souls so I can afford to play the game.. I hate the thought that they cannot squeeze out the most that they can with their families. 

It is heartbreaking in its truest sense. Please let everyone have some time with the ones they love.

• Yes home alone every day, it’s existing not making most. We have been holding zoom quizzes every weekend - kids and partners and grandkids. Always with wine, always fun but it’s not a hug. 

Had the vaccine recently but ironically cos of age as am not classed as vulnerable ? so mentally that helps. 

Did you have chemo ? It’s been mentioned to me ages ago but not since, have to weigh up the benefits I guess.

Its not too far off now till restrictions are eased so hopefully we can see everyone and have some quality time before long xx

Liposarcoma and practicing positive mental attitude 
  • All that and moved house that’s amazing. Go to the seaside and enjoy the day, weathers going to be improving. You’ve earnt it x

Liposarcoma and practicing positive mental attitude 
  • Yeah moving to a smaller place means we have enough money to live on until retirement age should I live that long and if I don’t the life insurance means the wife will be able to live forever without money worries. Also the last place had nearly half an acre of garden and was too big to cope with given our health. New place is still a nice 3 bed detached bungalow but has a lot smaller garden and smaller rooms so much easy to look after. It’s also near a tram stop so we can get into Sheffield without driving if we want to

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Sounds perfect. Hope the move goes well xx

Ruth 

• All sound about right Remoh, hopefully a less stressed life from now on.