Gardens and gardening 2021

• 253 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I love it when the first signs of Spring are appearing. This, apart from tête a tête daffodils, the lovely star daffodil below is my first one in the garden this year, and before St. David's Day! And a beautiful, almost cloudless, sunny day yesterday.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

• Who knows Stuart, who knows.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Exactly Stu, who knows?

• Hi @ Galilee,

Despite me not being a lover of lawns, I have to commend you for a great job, especially as it nearly killed you!

• We've won her over, Stuart, knew it was a matter of time. Can't wait  till OBS posts a picture of a nice green swathe of her own, with not a bug in sight.,

• Fantastic our lawn is nothing like as good x

Ruth 

• Hi Stuart

From an avid gardener to another. You've done a great job and I recognise talent in lawn management. Might not be my forté, I have a couple of lawns which I like to see well manicured but when I can't walk and my son does it I find myself biting a lot of lip. Veg and show perfection is in my repertoire. Do you know that there is a variety of pea called Show Perfection? Probably not but it's one I grow with great results.

I have a couple of photos to show later so watch this space!

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi fellow gardeners and non gardeners alike

Mrs Tvman and I have spent the last week and a half clearing a bank at the back right corner of my house. There was over 30 years of growth of shrubs and I can tell you that I have never seen so many roots in an area. 

I can also tell you that every day was pain, pain, pain.....I had to stop about every 10 minutes because I couldn't do any more. 

We have replaced all the shrubs with 8 azaleas and 2 dwarf rhododendrons. There is a lot of space between each plant to allow for growth and possibly some more ground cover plants. 

Unfortunately I don't have a before photo just an after photo which is below. To avoid a lot of weeds growing we have installed a lot of membrane and cut it open in places to insert the new plants. Guess what? I don't have an image button so I can't insert my photo. I'll report that to the community then I'll try again later to put up a photo.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Yes I would like to see the photo 

Ruth 

• So rewarding to tidy up an area. It surprises you when you see it for days afterwards.