Feeling coming to the end of my journey

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all Jim788 here consultant phone consultation today not good news enzalutamide hasn't worked for me cancer progressing. Waiting to start new Chemotherapy, my first chemo was in my local hospital which is Lincoln county this second will be at Grantham hospital some 28 miles away concerns about driving can I ARRANGE TRANSPORT IF SO HOW?

• Hi 

I'd say ring the MacMillan help line, you may get an answer there or contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Hope this helps Jim 

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi Jim, I'm sorry to hear the first chemo hasn't worked but so pleased they have offered you another!

Most hospitals have Patient Transport but I'm not sure how far they will travel. After you have done what TVman suggested, maybe contact Lincoln County Hospital, if that's where you normally attend and ask their advice.  Most hospitals have volunteers who will drive patients back and forth for appointments, chemo etc. It is just the distance I am unsure about! At this time due to COVID, even if there is public transport, I'm sure, like the rest of us, you would be reluctant to use it. If all else fails, contact your GP who is ultimately responsible for your care!

good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    • Good luck Jim, hope the new chemo works.  Xx
  • Hello I’m am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully the alternative chemo will be more successful. Surely you can get hospital transport. I would contact your GP or the hospital that you are traveling to to get advice. Can the chemo you need not be sent to your local hospital. 

• Hello Jim788, I cannot offer any suggestions about transport but you know there are a few of us on here with PC. I expect we all have it in our bones otherwise we wouldn't be on here. I have mets all over the place. We are also probably all on the hormone jab, this is a great medication, it does have some unpleasant side effects but better than the man with the scythe!

Even though I have been told my bad news isn't far away I know there are plenty of other drugs that they will always try. The same applies to you. You are already starting a different chemo, let's hope that gives MrC a good bashing. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jim788, on my cancer ward they have numbers for transport but unsure where you are sorry, just want to send you good luck vibes and keep all our fingers crossed for you in your new treatment.

Stay strong and stay positive

xx