Uncancelled 14

• 27 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello everyone. Much to some peoples pleasure but most peoples disappointment I am back. The previous sentence was a joke, apologies for potential offence.

I cannot express how grateful I felt on reading the supportive posts.  I am unhappy that it has caused the posters equal unhappiness and they felt that they had to put their names in the frame. It is ridiculous that I have felt unhappy and persecuted by those on here who purport to protect me and to see friends suffering through their inane efforts is just indescribable.

How can the moderators not understand that everyone needs help and support, even those who they feel for no obvious reason have behaved badly. As has been said, let us see an example of this badness and their star witnesses, anonymously of course. I still care about everyone on here including those I may have offended. Why aren't they worried about the distress caused to me and others on here. A bit one sided do you think?

1. Let's see the current moderators hauled off for a bit of re education, I am happy to run online training courses, my qualifications in sxxxxflake awareness have got some skills fade but I have learnt a lot about the recent thinking on here. Only a joke.

And can I refer interested parties to a decent persons recent post who declared we are dying adults not remand school kids. 

Some people will probably change their perceptions of me now. Think on, if I go,  you get SiT.

Mustn't grumble, back to my hormone jab.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to YoungMan

Lol YoungMan

• Thanks MazLC. I should have learned when still in hospital but I always pick the lowest hanging fruit. Like a News of the World reporter I just made my excuses and left, promising an early return. What worries me almost as much is how many people on here after reading my pointless posts must be rubbing their hands with glee at my discomfort. I know I would!

• I like you and SiT, hope the learning process is ok and you get good outcomes x

Sarah 

• Hi MazLC,

I have just read your profile, you have fitted a lot into a short time! We are chemo cycle twins, I had a Picc line inserted after the 1st cycle because although my oncologist didn't recommend it the day unit nurses did, partly because of the type of chemo they are infusing - oxalyplatin, which is particularly hard on your veins so sending it in deeper helps, partly because of the immediate discomfort in my arm. The procedure was fine. My husband changes the dressing on weeks when I'm not in the day unit. And I've bought a limbo sleeve for the shower which is great.

Best wishes whatever you decide 

Sal x

Sarah 

• Thanks Salis, we have suffered a shortage of people who like us. Its mainly down to SiT who as a posh person lords it about on here.

We like you too, thank you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

And even in spite of your dubious taste in Norberries (can you forage Norberries? I suspect that's the ONLY way you can get them unless they attach themselves to you and won't let go...), we like you V Much too!!!

14th Atezo infusion today completed - just 2 CT's tomorrow then back to bringing himself down a peg or two (strictly adhering to the guidelines, natch...)

• Glad its all going well. I won't take advantage of your weakened state when you are back, there does seem to be a degree of mental deficiency there as well?

( I can say that mods as Mrs Norberry says I am mentally fragile so some inside knowledge there.)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Salis

Hi Sal, when I coughed up blood the first time I put it down to my lung disease, so you can imagine how shocked I was.  I’m T4 N2 M1b which Simon (SiT) did explain to me but I have forgotten.  I have chemo/immunotherapy with Carboplatin, Etoposide and Atezulimab.  I take oral etoposide days 2 and 3.  It is so far very manageable- I get tired and sleep a lot but other than that I feel well enough.  I think the picc will be good for me as i am covered in bruises x. Maz x

• Hi Norberry,

My cancer was in my kidney and my first treatment was to have the tumour and half my kidney removed.  About 5 days after my operation I got up in the night desperate for a pee.  I went to the loo and peed for a few seconds before the flow stopped.  What I had peed was a mixture of blood and urine, apparently I had a post operative bleed.

I waited until 8am and went to the minor injuries unit as this would be quicker than going to A and E.  The doctor indicated that if I was bleeding it was probably a blood clot causing the problem and I would need to be catheterised.  He laid me on the bed and proceeded to catheterise me.

He was probably reluctant to inflict any pain and the catheter tube he used was much too narrow.  It did dislodge the clot and allowed the urine to come out under pressure.  Unfortunately for him because the catheter was too narrow, and the pressure so great, the resulting outpouring not only went through the catheter tube but flowed around the side of it and erupted under great pressure.  The doctor had not yet finished securing the catheter tube so had no option but to stand at the side of me holding onto the tube whilst I peed over the pair of us at the same time as I was wearing a very relieved smile on my face.

It still makes me chuckle, I bet he never made that mistake again.

Gragon 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Oh G!!!

I'm so sorry but that must have been 1: A HUGE relief (pun intended) 2: Quite embarrassing (although much over ruled by said relief) & 3: Very messy (but by then, why would you care??? AAAAAaaaaahhhhHHHHH OOOooohhhHHH etc...).

I think it would be fair to say that anyone who reads this story will at the very least also have a chuckle - I myself had to lie down I was laughing so much!!!

Thx for sharing although I'm fairly sure the Doctor wouldn't agree...

Stay Strong

SiT