TRYING TO GET SOME COMPARISON

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

Just a quick question can anyone let me know if 3.8 is good, bad or indifferent on my CEA, my nurse didn't seem to know and just printed out my results, also my tumor markers came down from 69 to 29 anyone have any idea what yours are, thanks in advance

xx

• Hi , I curiously read your post had had to look up CEA as it’s not a test done for my kind of cancer. I can imagine you probably looked on the NHS link to the test, I will put the link in, https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cea-test/

It wasn’t very helpful as it doesn’t say what the normal ranges are, but did explain why the test is done. When I have my blood tests it always has a range beside each one of what’s normal and I have a check if anything is creeping up. I think it’s important to know what’s normal for you (or me). You could always put a question in the Ask a Nurse. I saw your other post that you are on a gap from treatment, it can be both a worrying time and a great time, I hope you get to enjoy it. I remember helped me when I was having my first gap in treatment must be about 3 years ago. I was just getting used to the gap when I started treatment again ! I had a gap during covid for a few months (Feb to June)  as Annette () says it’s good to give the body a rest sometimes, I hope your mind gets a rest to Grinning

Take care

Take care KT