Forum failures

• 24 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I think my Sinclair ZX Spectrum may not be compatible so I am using my BBC Acorn Atari with Amstrad upgrades.

If this posts I have cracked it and will be happy to advise my forum chums. (should any remain).

Daloni suggested she would be posting steaming piles of ***** so if someone so senior can do it then so can I.

• Took me hours of trying to reply...  Joy

• yay - finally - what is happening with this site - where did they find all these gremlins? 

Anyway, I am always amused by your posts @Norberry (it will NOT let me tag you!! I get the lymphoedema links pop up - what?! Oh dear...)  so I'm glad my laughing face finally posted. 

Your only job this week Norberry is to get us through with your unique turn of phrase and attempts at humour! 

• Those gremlins won't last long, daloni is on the case now and she eats MPs for breakfast never mind a bug or two.

Attempts at humour, back handed compliment in my opinion, and my unique turn of phrase is entirely down to unchecked predictive text!

Great to see you jemmy your way into the site Gobaith, it is so nice to see all the old faces fighting their way back. (young faces too)

Best wishes. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Yeah hi ! I have been trying to work up a head of steam all day but can only get as far as phhht. It’s so predictable. 
    Pleased to see you here though.

I’ve had a tough day naming my two family visitors allowed in. Explaining to everyone else who isn’t on the list. No one is at fault. It’s just hard. I am alone a lot, which is a product of Covid too. 

I have cried a lot today. It’s ok. I needed to let go and stop being brave. Now I can. 

xxx

• Sorry you have ha d a bad day daloni, covid has a lot to answer to, we can only be brave for so long, then everything  hits you, i found that after hubby passed, was being strong for every one else but was doing me no good,  i had my moments and have to say felt better afterwards until  the mask came of again

I have had to go for  fast track two week referral today and everything hit home again, we are only human and do break sometimes.

It is good to see that you posted it has been a nightmare, i have pulled  my hair out with the new setup, we do not need this stress when the site is here to help and support one another, think we will lose a lot of people unless it gets sorted/

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, your always in every ones thoughts /

Take Care Elliexx

• How is today going ?

I'm still having trouble with the site so please know I am trying to reply to messages, it just doesn't seem to want to include me. 

So tough you can only have 2 people - I can't imagine Daloni, that wouldn't be enough for me, I understand the guidelines but equally, there are limits to reasonableness and that seems so tough. 

Anyway, crying is good but treats are better - are you being spoiled? Are you sitting with a glittering tiara on demanding peeled grapes and chocolate covered strawberries to accompany al those drugs - I do hope so. 

Have you watched Mrs America? It's streaming on BBCi player. I recommend - it's very good. I'm guessing you might like it - very cleverly done. I actually want to read some of that early feminist literature now - I was hooked. 

Thinking of you. 

Clare x 

• Hurrah I have finally got here after a week of trying! For anyone reading this I kept getting a message saying that "your site user name, this person is already registered" My wonderful husband has sorted it. The secret is to go into settings, view cookies, search for Macmillan and then delete all of the Macmillan cookies. I think the old cookies were trying to direct me to the old details and my new password which I had to enter was just f***ing up. I hope that this helps someone. I emailed Macmillan with my issues and have rather predictably heard nothing back.

Oh and hello all, I have missed you

Nicky

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • Tiara, peeled grapes, chocolate strawberries, drugs and early feminist literature, put me on the list. 

• Yay - well done! It took me days too. I had to get my husband to do the same. I had no idea what I was doing.

I'm now in Chrome - seems to be working better than Edge if that helps anyone...  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gobaith

Hi ! I’m hearing you loud and clear. Do you hear me? 
    I am doing better with the crying today. The loss has been rapid and profound but then so has the gain. Loss of mobility, independence, freedom. Gain of control over pain. All big stuff that needs to go somewhere. The whole family has been able to cry and now we can all wipe down our smutty faces, set them on cheerful and head off again. 
    I did watch Mrs America. Oh Phyllis! How you fooled yourself. The big reveal of her naked ambition in that final Regan phone calls. I think it’s essential viewing and I’m glad you enjoyed it too.  
    xx