Welcome New Members

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 41 subscribers

A very warm welcome to our new members to our community. We understand that joining our community can be a big step, as you contend with an awful personal battle, perhaps feeling hopeless or foreboding. We can empathise while knowing each person is affected variably, the worry pain and suffering cannot be estimated. Please feel so free to share your worries and your true feelings.

All the best for now, 

Rafs

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks . That’s a really nice welcome. I’m a long standing member of this community. I know when I first joined I dragged myself here kicking and screaming. It was possibly one of the best things I’ve done.  I found that I was not alone and I learned from other community members how to live with cancer rather than die from it. I found there was nothing I felt that hadn’t been felt by others here at some stage and that no matter how bad I felt, it would pass. 

So just to say it again. Welcome. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni, it's humbling to get such a warm message from you, such an outstanding person, our Champion of this community. Thank you for everything you've done thus far and I'm so grateful and feel indebted to you for providing this hardest of situations communit, as so many people face the sheer nightmare of their prognosis. 

I obviously don't know what your situation is and I'm so inspired with what you wrote, to live with cancer and not to die from it. I guess that won't resonate with everyone but it'll be a huge encouragement, to try your best to take up the fight. 

Many a time I felt helpless down in the dumps when hearing - like it's digging into me - the warnings with kind wishes of my time left. I was diagnosed and operated on to debulk as much as possible, my GBM grade 4 tumour, 10 days before my first child was born. There was going to be the strongest fight ever to live on. Thankful and grateful I'm here 9 years on. I now have three gorgeous children that are the joy of our lives and every reason to keep on and Cut the Cruel Cancer.

Again, thank you very much.