Chemo

• 90 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I received a letter this morning informing me that my first appointment for chemo, is Friday 26 June,which is earlier than expected,but in one sense I will be glad to get started.

Georgette

• Hi Millie,

Thank you for those kind words.

Gosh mustard gas sounds awful,  so I must not complain with the carbo /gem I will be having. As you say though at least you are getting treatment. 

I am with you having a bit of fun, it is very necessary & I find it does help. 

Take care,

Love Georgette,xx

• Hi

I'm glad you have a firm date now for chemo, it should alleviate your worries that you'd have to wait a long time. 

I'll be shielding now until the end of June and my wife has been given a date for a scan on her neck and back, just as a precaution. Her date is the 27th and she has turned down two previous dates because we are shielding. I have a blood cancer which puts me in an extremely vulnerable position. 

Life is a real box of tricks, yeah?

Take care and stay safe Georgette

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi millie

Thanks for your post.Its a relief now to know I have some treatment.I always dread the words no treatment.I know it will happen one day but I try and take day by day.

Going for my bloods today which is set up at leisure centre near where I live.So one tick will be done.

Covid test on Monday it’s a drive through which I’ve seen on the tv.All a bit weird when you have been in so long.

Hope you are feeling ok after your treatment.I love your Lucky Ducky storyHatching chickHatching chickDuckDuck

Hope everyone waiting for treatment hear soon,I agree I think things are on the move it’s just hard when you are the one and not knowing.

Take care and rest and your garden is lovely.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear ,

Thank you for asking,I both days were uneventfulm (a nice word), I had my bloods and Covid-19 tests prior to treatment also.

I hope that all of the community are feeling the momentum rising and getting the treatments they need and if not please do be a squeaky wheel I'm sure someone in the community can give you step by step instructions, and ideas for speeding things up.

I felt like the whole Gang here was with me for the infusion-  even though I have not met any of you- I truly felt the presence of everyone and I was peaceful.

Peggy, good luck on your upcoming treatments, hope you have an uneventful session. Keep us informed.

Thanks for liking my Lucky Duck story, I'm making it my daily morning attitude- or I will fake it occasionally until it is daily. I'm almost there.

Yes, I am feeling well post treatment, some fatigue, but that was/is expected. No garden photos today, the water lilies need to feel the sun one more day and I think and the dahlias are recovering from 3 days of "trimming" Tomorrow for sure. 

Hugs to all,

Millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi Georgette.

How are you getting on with your treatment?

I started today wide awake now if I remember on my last Chemo I was ok until the 4 or 5 day.Mind this one

may be different we will see 

take care  x

• Hi Peggy,

Lovely to know that you got on alright with your chemo

I start tomorrow Friday with my treatment, so have been for blood tests this morning. Yesterday I had a CT scan & when I got home I had a call from the hospital to say that an appointment had been made for yesterday afternoon on the Medical Unit, to see another Dr. So I arrived & they drained the pleural effusion  on my left lung, because I had been quite breathless. They drained off 1.5 litres of fluid which really surprised me, but I feel so much better & I can walk mush further.

Hopefully you will not feel to bad on day 4-5.

Take care, Georgette x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi Georgette

Good luck for Friday I’m glad your feeling a bit better it’s horrible when you are breathlessly.

It was ok New Chemo all a bit confusing told one thing then it changes and trying to find out 

doesn’t help.It was a good job I rang my lung nurse booked me in wrong week.I usually

have my DaUghter with me and she is on the ball with dates and meds.

Worse thing for me is Steroids at moment I always have done  but hay I have treatment 

so I’m a fighter and take it Day by day.

Like to know if anyone is on or has had Docetaxel (Taxotere) and see how it was for them. I know it’s 

hard because everyone reacts differently but I had a hard time on the immunotherapy drug

so wait and see.Take care and fingers toes all crossed for you xx

• Hi Georgette

Great to hear that you had your left lung drained, you are really noticing the difference. 1.5 litres sounds a lot and you can walk further now.

Hope your treatment goes well.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Peggy

Hope this chemo goes better than your last. Good luck with it.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi TVman,

I actually could not believe that they drained off 1.5 litres, I lost 3lb in weight overnight.

My chemo went well today, I am hoping I will stay ok.

Georgette x