Lidl laugh

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Thought I'd share something that happened to me today, drove to Teignmouth and popped into Lidl, while there we saw an elderly couple we met a few years ago, alot older than us, the woman now has dementia my partner went over to them I kept my distance, when asked how we were my partner informed them that I had terminal pancreatic cancer," oh that's lovely she replied,"  I couldn't stop laughing my partner was shocked and her husband tried to explain to her.

I think it's best letting her think what ever she was thinking, sometimes life throws us a little gem like that.

Hope you are all doing as well as can be expected.

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh hun,

you have made me laugh, dementia another terrible illness, but im so glad you seen the funny side of her response,  good luck for tomorrow , 

oh and hun I love your neck of the woods, when my boys where little we use to stay at Shaldon every year, and was down there April 19 for my birthday, beautiful country side and lovely friendly people

Love Max x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Max, pretty nervous about tomorrow.

I've worked with the elderly for 30 years some of that time was with mentally infirm never a dull moment, I gave up work in March after my diagnosis but miss it, 

Still chuckling now when I think of today, priceless moment.

We've got the ferry many times from shaldon  to Teignmouth and back, been to Shaldon zoo few times.

Xx

• FormerMember

Hun, 

you will kick butt tomorrow, if and when you can let us know how your doing , 

Love Max xx

• Hi I loved your Lidl story. Here's another funny one for you! I am a qualified Tai Chi Chuan Instructor and as well as running classes, I used to go to Care Homes and Sheltered Housing complexes because it is very good for balance,muscles etc etc. One day when I went to a local Care Home, which also had Day Patients, I arrived just as everyone was finishing the tea & toast they had when they arrived by minibus. The manager came over and introduced a lady to me saying that was her first day there and she thought she'd try Tai Chi. This lady, as well as other ladies and gents had dementia. The class lasted 1 hour but halfway through we stopped for a drink of juice. The new lady came over to me looking all worried and started to apologise. I said there was no need to apologise for anything and she was doing well. Then she said, "Oh I am sorry but I can't have High Tea as I had tea and toast not too long ago!" Then I realised when the manager introduced her instead of saying Tai Chi, the lady thought she'd said "High Tea"! Of course some of the other residents thought we should introduce that too! Lol! I hope this made you smile! X

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Hi

That made me laugh Joy