The Homecoming

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 83 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi! 

I feel like it’s time to change the record. Thank you, my lovely friends, for the sympathy, the laughs and the silliness in the bad news discussion. But it’s time! I’ve got the green light from the consultant to go home. Onwards and upwards. 

The next steps for me are managing the transition in the pain control and getting some R&R. I expect a phone call from my consultant oncologist today to talk about a course of palliative chemo. It’s not something I’m looking forward to but if she believes it will bring more good than harm I’ll go with it. 

I’ll stop now. I’m very tired and poking thud tiny little phone keyboard is doing my head in 

My love to you all. I wish you peace and comfort 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi

Thank you for the kind welcome home. I’ve arrived to flowers from a friend; one daughter who’s taught herself crochet and is making a blanket for her baby brother; the other daughter who’s learned to make face masks out of my scraps of African fabric and now has matching outfits for the family; and my sister making egg, chips and home-cooked gammon for dinner. The ex provided the gammon. My neighbour has mowed the lawn and promised to come back to do the edging. Was ever a girl so lucky? 

I am so sorry about your biopsy. Can you remind me - what were you hoping? Were you looking for an MSI high finding to take you along the immunotherapy pathway? That’s what’s in my mind but frankly my mind is a bit of a junk yard at present. 

I am going to focus very hard on relaxing now 

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

THIS ISNT , BUT SHOULD BE, FROM DALONI TO THE REST OF US 

• FormerMember

Oh that’s perfect ! Thank you Blush 

• FormerMember

And get this. I didn’t answer the door so I’m in the dark as to who exactly but one of my neighbours just dropped off a giant homemade cinnamon strudel. I am blown away by the love and kindness 

xx

• FormerMember

Hi Daloni

So glad your home again with your family and Noodle and your pain is sorted.What a lovely homecoming for you.Hope you feel better and rest. Take care xx love the photo of the dog on the next messageRelaxedmade me smile.Relaxed

• FormerMember

Did I share this earlier? The hospital sent me home with a standard brown glass bottle of liquid oxynorm and a 100ml feeding syringe but no way of connecting the two to measure 30ml accurately. My big girl turned mixologist, carefully checked the volumes of some shot glasses to find the right one. Cheers! 

• I am not going to tempt providence daloni by suggesting you are at home to stay but I would only be eating fast food and not starting on any boxed sets or LPs until you have established yourself chez vous. The giant strudel, cut it up into pieces that you can rush off with if necessary. Eat as much as you can now as watching the rest of your family eying it could bring on panic. Basing that on my own standards obviously.

Only good news from now please, no more shock disclosures from the hospital.

Bestest of wishes.

• finally the picture of Oliver in the garden

glad you are home xxx 

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

I am replete. 

I am also puzzling over Oliver’s photo. He’s not connected to his shadow but appears to be in a sitting position. Is it an artefact of my phone screen, an artefact of the opiate fuzz through which I am viewing the world, or am I just a bit skew-wiff? 

xx

• I think the shadow is me taking the photo

Ruth