Big Pete has left the building

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 46 subscribers

It is with huge sadness we have to tell you all that Big Pete has left us. He was comfortable and smiling til near the end and was surrounded by family and love and many tears.

• Hello, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, I remember reading Big Pete’s blog story, Doesn’t time fly when your having.....

I am sorry for your loss. 

Take care KT

• I am so so sorry to read this news. He put a smile on my face every single Friday. For that I will be forever grateful and his presence will be very sadly missed. RIP Big Pete.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to greg777

I am sorry to hear this news. i always read his blog's and they made me smile.

Thought's are with his family.

Sleep Tight Big Pete

Ellie

• Oh how very sad! He said before Christmas he felt very unwell but he never lost his amazing sense of humour. I'm relieved he was comfortable and surrounded by family! He had a big personality to go with his name and will be sadly missed! A very big new twinkling star will be in the sky now! My heart goes out to his friends and family! Sleep well Big Pete!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I'm so sorry to hear this news. He used to make me laugh, especially on bad days. My thoughts are with you. Stay safe. X

Lils x
  • Hello

I'm so sorry to hear that, big Pete was greatly loved by all. He made me smile many times and others as well as you can see by the posts.

Know this, I wouldn't be surprised if he had penned the title, that was his style. He had a certain wit with some of his jokes, I sometimes replied to him that it had taken me a while to get the joke, I have seen others ask for help because a particular joke had made you think laterally. 

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hello again

I've a nerve problem which makes my fingers jerk and it has just happened again and sent my last post prematurely. Of course when I tried to edit it, the edit button wouldn't work!

What I wanted to say was that I'm glad he was still smiling near the end, he cheered us up no end. I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know.

Tvman x.

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I've just popped over from the Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support group to pay my respects to a man who accepted his fate by keeping his sense of humour at all times a true inspiration to all he came in contact with.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time who are no doubt aware that the world was a much better place because their was a member of it and left his own unique stamp on it.

Ian

CC

The Bereaved spouses and partners forum and Bereaved family and friends forum groups are available to you should you need support at this time and I invite you to join them whenever you feel the need to talk to others the same as yourselves.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Big Feet’s Family 

So the fat lady arrived, did her number and took Big Pete with her when she left. If I was still able to enjoy a drink, I’d raise a glass and I’m pretty sure Big Pete would join me. He gave us the gift of laughter and that’s the best gift a man can give. 

Thank you for letting us know, hard as that must have been. I am so very sorry for your loss

• I am so sorry to hear this news.  Big Pete had been planning to attend the last York meet up but was struggling after his chemo and was unable to make it.  I regret that I didn't have the opportunity to meet him.

His departure is a loss to many people and my thoughts are with you.

Gragon xx