The 8o'clock clap

• 28 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi all

Just in from applauding our great NHS staff, no one near me, no cars passing but my wife and I were there giving it our all

Tvman x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pleased to hear it.  Us too tvman.

There were some others clapping too, I could hear it in the distance but only one other neighbour we could see.  Thought there might have been more.  

• Hi

We came in to see it on the telly, lots of towns, lots of cities, lots of streets with everyone out clapping. Great to see

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi 

My whole street came out. It was heart warming 

xx

• My area had a fireworks display. 

And after all the garden parties and BBQs with friends that happened today, it was probably well attended.

*Sighs*

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi

Yes we were out too and although our house overlooks the Campsie Hills, we could still hear the clapping from the village!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was super and it’s great with no cars and noise.we could do with more perhaps singing Musical keyboardDrumSaxophoneMicrophone

Its great when small jesters mean so much HeartPray tone1
          Take care  

• Hi there to everyone what an emotional moment I couldn't stop crying I was upset before I did it as to all of us the nhs is trying to keep us safe and alive and then to have the virus to contend with as well I can't put into words for them the intense pressure they are under and seeing how emotional the nhs team are on the news is heartbreaking  to see but last night something else happened where I live in a little cul de sac of 7 houses we were all at a safe distance I was already in floods of tears and at the end of the clapping they all shouted my name and shouting to keep fighting on then they held up a billboard shone with torches saying we love you and keep fighting on I really didn't realise that they cared I am crying now I will never forget that moment for the nhs and the personal message to me and then every time you see what happened on the news last night with the clapping moment it just makes me cry I can't help it please everyone stay safe and keep fighting on in these difficult times for everyone lots of love and hugs xxxxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Flippen

So moving, Flippen, I'd have been crying too, it's horrible to think that because of their selflessness, some of them will become ill also, and they know it.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

It was very emotional and what a lovely gesture from your neighbours. That must have been quite overwhelming for you and brought yet another tear to my eye! 

I hope their support brings some encouragement and comfort to you, it must be doubly hard when you live alone.

All in this together and at times it really does feel like that.

xx

• Hi there yes it is like you say really hard for me but I am fighting on and trying to cope everyday like everybody else is xxx

Flippen